• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't give up - we are close

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

Whatever gets Scott fired is the best case scenario at this point.  The team is somewhat improved but I would rather see 1-11 and Scott fired versus 3-9 and more years of Scott.  Skip and Strong recruited better than Scott and they were both on vacation the entire time they were here.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,554
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, jg233 said:

Whatever gets Scott fired is the best case scenario at this point.  The team is somewhat improved but I would rather see 1-11 and Scott fired versus 3-9 and more years of Scott.  Skip and Strong recruited better than Scott and they were both on vacation the entire time they were here.

Not attacking you, but me personally, I would not enjoy cutting someone a severance check while looking for another coach. That has been our mo now since getting rid of Leavitt, and it has not worked out for us at all.

We fire Scott, players transfer out, and we start from square 1 with new coaches/coordinators/system/players.

Who is saying we are getting 9 more years of Scott?

Also, who could we snag for a low price that would get us out of these dregs? You know, since we would be paying two coaches at that point.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079

17 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Not attacking you, but me personally, I would not enjoy cutting someone a severance check while looking for another coach. That has been our mo now since getting rid of Leavitt, and it has not worked out for us at all.

We fire Scott, players transfer out, and we start from square 1 with new coaches/coordinators/system/players.

Who is saying we are getting 9 more years of Scott?

Also, who could we snag for a low price that would get us out of these dregs? You know, since we would be paying two coaches at that point.

Your point is valid for programs that don't care about winning, which we would certainly be considered at this point.  There is no indication that Scott can REALLY turn it around.  We just built a $30+ million IPF and are planning a $200+ million ocs and you are worried about paying Scott's buyout?  You can't build those things while also acting poor and accept losing as the standard.

Edited by jg233
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I'd also would like to point out that this board, in the past, was in absolute melt-down mode. Im seeing a lot, A LOT, of positive posts, either we are growing accustomed to losing or maybe there is something we are right on the edge with. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

I'd also would like to point out that this board, in the past, was in absolute melt-down mode. Im seeing a lot, A LOT, of positive posts, either we are growing accustomed to losing or maybe there is something we are right on the edge with. 

Well I think we are staring at the precipice in the form of having to start over again and more rebuilding years.  It would be way better if we had something to hang our hats on at the end of the year and buy some more time.  It's super critical time to turn things around in the greater landscape.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, jg233 said:

Your point is valid for programs that don't care about winning, which we would certainly be considered at this point.  There is no indication that Scott can REALLY turn it around.  We just built a $30+ million IPF and are planning a $200+ million ocs and you are worried about paying Scott's buyout?  You can't build those things while also acting poor and accept losing as the standard.

You are spot on. If we don't want to buy a coach out that is failing and prolong the suck then why build an OCS? If we are going to finance an IPF we need a coach that can build a solid program and win in advance of the OCS. Scott has shown us he can beat Temple and recruit in the 70s but finish at the bottom of FBS football. I don't see anything in our future recruiting class or on field results that he is going to go on a winning streak and become a solid coach.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Got to win 4 out of the best 5 games. Finish 5-7 with momentum into next season 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Well I think we are staring at the precipice in the form of having to start over again and more rebuilding years.  It would be way better if we had something to hang our hats on at the end of the year and buy some more time.  It's super critical time to turn things around in the greater landscape.

I would like to see it but highly unlikely to happen.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

We can win every remaining game on our schedule if Gerry is back and we get some turnovers, imo Tulane is amongst the best teams in the AAC, Cinncy we shouldve won, Im writing Ecu off as a bad game….we are not far off but above all else beat the **** out of ucf this one time….please

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I'd also would like to point out that this board, in the past, was in absolute melt-down mode. Im seeing a lot, A LOT, of positive posts, either we are growing accustomed to losing or maybe there is something we are right on the edge with

I think many of us are desperate for something positive.  If I'm being honest with myself, it's a bit of "accustomed to losing" because my standards are so low.  Right now having two games in a row of not being blown out feels like progress.  Hell we've had extended periods of leading during these games.

Like I said, low bar but what's the alternative at this point?  Just keep being upset even though the situation is likely not changing (in ways I might think are best).  At least right now there's a *hope* that if we get healthy we may have more games like UF/Cincy/Tulane and never see the likes of Louisville/ECU/BYU again.

But if we get blown out... meltdown mode will be back with a vengeance.

• Upvote 1