• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Everyone is acting Tulane is bad and we are good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

USF's chances against Houston and Tulsa are roughly 1-in-6. Against SMU it's 1-5. Against UCF it's less than 10%.  However, USF is favored to beat Temple with a nearly 60% chance of winning.. which would be the first time USF beat Temple in Philly.

If we beat temple this year do we call that the "standard" Scott is building here.

• Crying 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

You clearly never watched bad movies because they were bad movies to see how truly bad they could get...

I agree that football is entertainment... but I am not someone who only looks at wins and losses.  Do I want USF to win? Sure.  Will the world end if USF doesn't?  Nah.  Will I look back and feel like I wasted three hours of my time -- probably not.  I get 12 chances to watch USF every season... and win or lose or getting blown out, I enjoy every one of 

Well said.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

7 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

If Marsh was that bad, why not bring in Byrum Brown. I guess they wanted the experience out there but he couldn't have been that bad. We did score with him in there.

He really wasn't that horrible but he's not GB. I'm thinking if Gerry is out for Houston, BB gets more practice time than a normal backup qb does and may possibly see him depending on circumstances ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I see a couple members running around the board calling Marsh horrible or horribly prepared. That actually conflicts with what other players have said about Marsh. But I guess we should be asking their mommies and daddies according to another member.  Marsh was no Bohannon, and he did look like he hadn’t played much of course but he wasn’t horrible by any stretch.  He actually had a higher quarterback rating than the Tulane quarterback. But that’s probably not a good measure. Right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

We have a lower probability in more than half those games than we had in this one, the only one we have a decent probability in is Temple. We probably should look at a way of increasing our probability at some point.

never tell me the odds GIF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I see a couple members running around the board calling Marsh horrible or horribly prepared. That actually conflicts with what other players have said about Marsh. But I guess we should be asking their mommies and daddies according to another member.  Marsh was no Bohannon, and he did look like he hadn’t played much of course but he wasn’t horrible by any stretch.  He actually had a higher quarterback rating than the Tulane quarterback. But that’s probably not a good measure. Right?

2 passing TD's, a yard away from a 3rd and no interceptions is definitely not horrible .... and how can those keyboard koaches tell how prepared he was? Although, per ESPN's qbr, Pratt was at 45.8 and Marsh 36.7 ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Although, per ESPN's qbr, Pratt was at 45.8 and Marsh 36.7 ...

I was going by the rating in the statsmonitor app used in game and linked above.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Marsh was pretty good OC just needs to adjust offense around his strengths.  Maybe more play action and deep passes...he has a good long ball. 

My biggest knock on Marsh is his running ability...we don't have a good track record with pro style qb...he had the fumble. Maybe that's something they can fix cause it looks like he has speed it's just straight ahead though he isn't going to make people miss.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

22 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

We had a 17ish% of winning this game according to ESPN. Guess what guys, we lost.

Here's the problem with this logic: It's going to be like this in most every game going forward until we change the trend.  

16 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

My biggest knock on Marsh is his running ability

I also don't love the only throw on a rope option.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

18 hours ago, Brad said:

7/15 150 passing yards and 2 TDs. I feel they need to play to his strength and not force him to run. It's obviously he has a big arm, so if he is in the game I rather see more long passes than QB runs.