• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Everyone is acting Tulane is bad and we are good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s a great perspective if you are in a situation and can have any impact at all. Unfortunately we aren’t the ones in prison that can decide how our time in there plays out, we are the ones watching the movie about being in prison and we have plenty of other options like going and picking a movie that we actually enjoy instead of buying a ticket to the same one over and over and hoping it ends differently this time. The studio needs to pull the plug on this project and do a full recast because this one isn’t going to be a blockbuster no matter how much more we dump into this budget.

You clearly never watched bad movies because they were bad movies to see how truly bad they could get...

I agree that football is entertainment... but I am not someone who only looks at wins and losses.  Do I want USF to win? Sure.  Will the world end if USF doesn't?  Nah.  Will I look back and feel like I wasted three hours of my time -- probably not.  I get 12 chances to watch USF every season... and win or lose or getting blown out, I enjoy every one of them.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

You clearly never watched bad movies because they were bad movies to see how truly bad they could get...

I agree that football is entertainment... but I am not someone who only looks at wins and losses.  Do I want USF to win? Sure.  Will the world end if USF doesn't?  Nah.  Will I look back and feel like I wasted three hours of my time -- probably not.  I get 12 chances to watch USF every season... and win or lose or getting blown out, I enjoy every one of them.

This movie is too avant-garde for me, I’m more of a RomCom guy 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,342
  • Days Won:  10

38 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

That's where I'm at.  Soon, there will be eight months between games.  I get excited before every game - not because I think we will win, but just to get to see USF play.  Then the long offseason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Also a 17 percent chance should have you winning 1 out of 6 of them

That's not how that works, but understand your point.

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's not how that works, but understand your point.

Yes I know that it’s not exactly that math but the general point remains that dogs do win and no one requires you remain a dog for the entirety of your tenure, most people try to do something about it instead of being a fatalist.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

We had a 17ish% of winning this game according to ESPN. Guess what guys, we lost.

Tulane is a decent AAC team this year, and we are bottom of the barrel, again. We were in the game until Gerry got injured, he is the starter for a reason. And we all know our defense is not good. Also, almost 20 scholarship guys out?!?

You guys take these losses too personally.

tulane was so beatable yesterday

marsh was horrible

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes I know that it’s not exactly that math but the general point remains that dogs do win and no one requires you remain a dog for the entirety of your tenure, most people try to do something about it instead of being a fatalist.

Then say that.  You know what they say about figures lying and liars figuring....

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Then say that.  You know what they say about figures lying and liars figuring....

The math of probability and independent variables leads to zero discussion, the short hand of it is close enough and directionally correct which is why through 7 you find this in all of FBS football 

Yes, that supports the fault in your statistics argument.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

If Marsh was that bad, why not bring in Byrum Brown. I guess they wanted the experience out there but he couldn't have been that bad. We did score with him in there.

Edited by Sk00b