• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Discussion on "fan styles"

Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I definitely would take any money anyone throws my way but I also wouldn’t expect people to feel bad for me that I have people that expect answers or are mean to me because I never have any of those. If it is taxing on him and the money not worth it he isn’t forced to do this and he was closer to an out before the extension. I think at the time he felt he had everyone’s buy in and all the time in the world but unfortunately at some point you have to pay the piper. I’m not mad at him at all and I would have done the same thing, I just don’t feel bad for him at all and I am shocked that anyone else can feel sorry for him.

I get it. I don't feel "bad" for him. He's had plent of opportunity to put a better product on the field than he has to this point and he has no one to blame but himself. Whether it's in game decisions he's made, coordinator hires he's made, inability to develop players, etc. I do however, have empathy for him just like most would where if you put what you thought was your best effort into something for years and you failed over and over that'd weigh on almost any human. So from that aspect I feel for him. I do not feel bad for him though, he's paid well enough to get over what he's going through pretty quickly. Let's hope the players see his vulnerability as good leadership and a guy they want to fight for and not weakness.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

45 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Hey man, don't feed the trolls. Sounds like you are about to have a breakdown cause people here hate CJS. Not worth it...

No coach has given a greater reason to be disliked than CJS and no coach has had more people care about a coach reaping exactly what they have sowed than CJS. People legit had hate for CJL, CCS, CWT and CSH and voiced it every minute of every day without issue, why is it that he deserves pity if not simply because he is viewed as weak?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

57 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Hey man, don't feed the trolls. Sounds like you are about to have a breakdown cause people here hate CJS. Not worth it...

LOL.  I'm good.  I just don't like providing a platform for this.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

LOL.  I'm good.  I just don't like providing a platform for this.

When your coach has an FBS winning percentage slightly north of 4% things are gonna be rough.

21 minutes ago, jg233 said:

When your coach has an FBS winning percentage slightly north of 4% things are gonna be rough.

You would expect.  I wonder how many of these guys beat their wives when things get rough. 

They can be as critical as they want to be, hell, the Fire Jeff Scott thread was featured for a couple weeks.  There is no opposition to the discussion.

What I am opposed to is the lying in order to malign someone.  If such an easy target... why would those so upset have to resort to lying?  Or namecalling?  Or making fun of the way someone looks or speaks, or alleged nepotism (when they don't know the defintion of nepotism), all sorts of nasty assertions.  That's what is disconcerting.  Either so angry or so hateful, they've disgraced themselves in the process,  but can't stop. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

People legit had hate for CJL, CCS, CWT and CSH and voiced it every minute of every day without issue, why is it that he deserves pity if not simply because he is viewed as weak?

More lies. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

You would expect.  I wonder how many of these guys beat their wives when things get rough. 

They can be as critical as they want to be, hell, the Fire Jeff Scott thread was featured for a couple weeks.  There is no opposition to the discussion.

What I am opposed to is the lying in order to malign someone.  If such an easy target... why would those so upset have to resort to lying?  Or namecalling?  Or making fun of the way someone looks or speaks, or alleged nepotism (when they don't know the defintion of nepotism), all sorts of nasty assertions.  That's what is disconcerting.  Either so angry or so hateful, they've disgraced themselves in the process,  but can't stop. 

Yeah, there is no point in anyone being that angry about CJS.  The guy that hired CJS is still in charge, that is more worrisome than watching bad football this season.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

More lies. 

I just fail to see how interpreting something differently is viewed as a lie but not the original completely made up interpretation. So when Gator says we have these following improvements and then shows the data that is the truth and to me does not invite some unnecessary discussion as it would if he said I picked these obscure facts and that means that CJS is really turning the corner and is going to win out and all of his haters need to "stfu". So on this specific topic there would also be no reason to have unnecessary conversation if it was entirely about the press conference and what was being discussed but that is not what happened and instead there is an interpretation of an event that paints something as a positive that is not necessarily going to be seen as positive by everyone.  If people want to create fairy tales about the amount of care and passion CJS has for the program and the players based on inappropriate public displays of emotion I do not see how it is impossible to understand that some people are going to think that what he cares about is how this is impacting him and that does not somehow make him a special case far removed from CCS. Did CCS ever publicly say he didn't care and was just mailing it in? I am not aware of any instance but people were perfectly fine with that interpretation. The positive things that people say about CJS are never built on objective facts and are always based on projected values they want to believe they see in him but are every bit as based on fallacies of their imagination and interpretation of the events they witness as the converse they illicit. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,860
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just fail to see how interpreting something differently is viewed as a lie but not the original completely made up interpretation. So when Gator says we have these following improvements and then shows the data that is the truth and to me does not invite some unnecessary discussion as it would if he said I picked these obscure facts and that means that CJS is really turning the corner and is going to win out and all of his haters need to "stfu". So on this specific topic there would also be no reason to have unnecessary conversation if it was entirely about the press conference and what was being discussed but that is not what happened and instead there is an interpretation of an event that paints something as a positive that is not necessarily going to be seen as positive by everyone.  If people want to create fairy tales about the amount of care and passion CJS has for the program and the players based on inappropriate public displays of emotion I do not see how it is impossible to understand that some people are going to think that what he cares about is how this is impacting him and that does not somehow make him a special case far removed from CCS. Did CCS ever publicly say he didn't care and was just mailing it in? I am not aware of any instance but people were perfectly fine with that interpretation. The positive things that people say about CJS are never built on objective facts and are always based on projected values they want to believe they see in him but are every bit as based on fallacies of their imagination and interpretation of the events they witness as the converse they illicit. 

Give it up, Some resort to questioning my intelligence, or that I am a cyber bully or insinuating that I beat my wife because I believe CJS has benefited from nepotism and is unqualified for his current position.  It is his board and his rules, let him take his ball and go home in a tiff, because it is his ball. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,384
  • Days Won:  25

I think you get the wrong idea of claiming to be a macho or Scott to be a softie. I think he is a good person but a terrible coach. He is the worse coach in FBS football bar none right now. He should have been fired but he got extended. He is 0-5 in FBs football and is not showing us any reason the extension was deserved which was already obvious in year 1 and 2.  I just don't really care if he get emotional in a conference about losing or not. He is 1-23 in FBs football and has made around 6 million dollars for that one FBS win. The guy preaches best is the standard and we are so close for 2.5 years and the results are not there to support any of it.  Scott gave us the worst possible comparison in Stoops at UK because he was already doing better than he predecessor in year 3.  UK was 2-10 the year before Stoops took over. Jeff Scott hasn't even won 3 fbs GAMES in 3 seasons that Strong got fired for.  So I have zero sympathy or empathy for a guy banking millions of my alma mater and running the football program to a new low year after year. I have empathy and sympathy for Grier for losing his father and I understand that is a lot to deal with. I have lost several loved ones that I am close with.

image.png.72510061050cff9793cbebeca07c6062.png

Edited by Outlaw