• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Discussion on "fan styles"

Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,384
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just fail to see how interpreting something differently is viewed as a lie but not the original completely made up interpretation. So when Gator says we have these following improvements and then shows the data that is the truth and to me does not invite some unnecessary discussion as it would if he said I picked these obscure facts and that means that CJS is really turning the corner and is going to win out and all of his haters need to "stfu". So on this specific topic there would also be no reason to have unnecessary conversation if it was entirely about the press conference and what was being discussed but that is not what happened and instead there is an interpretation of an event that paints something as a positive that is not necessarily going to be seen as positive by everyone.  If people want to create fairy tales about the amount of care and passion CJS has for the program and the players based on inappropriate public displays of emotion I do not see how it is impossible to understand that some people are going to think that what he cares about is how this is impacting him and that does not somehow make him a special case far removed from CCS. Did CCS ever publicly say he didn't care and was just mailing it in? I am not aware of any instance but people were perfectly fine with that interpretation. The positive things that people say about CJS are never built on objective facts and are always based on projected values they want to believe they see in him but are every bit as based on fallacies of their imagination and interpretation of the events they witness as the converse they illicit. 

Current year 2022 Scott 0 FBs halfway through 1-5 Overall

image.png.179ecf75e366774037df3e13b6eafefe.png

2021 Scott

Strong's Last year 2019 3 FBs wins 4-8 Overall

image.png.9d4b45ce036b14efb590ca445986e04f.png

I am not sure  I call that progress with stats or wins. 0 FBS Wins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Give it up, Some resort to questioning my intelligence, or that I am a cyber bully or insinuating that I beat my wife because I believe CJS has benefited from nepotism and is unqualified for his current position.  It is his board and his rules, let him take his ball and go home in a tiff, because it is his ball. 

I like Brad and appreciate his service to USF fandom for decades now and I agree with him more typically than I disagree. I also fully appreciate that he is the sole owner of this board and can do as he pleases with any whim. I just do not legitimately understand the differences here and have a hard time understanding what exactly makes it fine to make up positives but not to rebut those assertions and why CJS is seen as being targeted unfairly and more viciously when he is perhaps the least attacked coach we have ever had and he has earned himself they greatest amount of criticism bar none 

• Upvote 2

I appreciate Brad and his board.  No one is personally attacking Scott  and his supporters/protectors have used every excuse in the book to justify that there is some progression in success. Yet week after week we lose and hear some more nonsense. He has made  roughly 6 million dollars over 3 seasons for one  fbs win and cant show us anything tangible this team is winning on the field. If you want more people to talk positive him the coach then go effing win some football games and look competent week in and week out. I don't recall any other coach getting protected  and the red carpet rolled out  with so many  excuses  for  almost zero success on the field at USF .

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,861
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I like Brad and appreciate his service to USF fandom for decades now and I agree with him more typically than I disagree. I also fully appreciate that he is the sole owner of this board and can do as he pleases with any whim. I just do not legitimately understand the differences here and have a hard time understanding what exactly makes it fine to make up positives but not to rebut those assertions and why CJS is seen as being targeted unfairly and more viciously when he is perhaps the least attacked coach we have ever had and he has earned himself they greatest amount of criticism bar none 

He is 100 times the fan I am, and he is the model supporter however not sure why the kid gloves with CJS, they are every bit as unhappy with this guys performance but they feel more virtuous attacking the fans rather then the coach, everybody has their own way to deal with this shitshow, to each their own.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,013
  • Days Won:  469

36 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Give it up, Some resort to questioning my intelligence, or that I am a cyber bully or insinuating that I beat my wife because I believe CJS has benefited from nepotism and is unqualified for his current position.  It is his board and his rules, let him take his ball and go home in a tiff, because it is his ball. 

Teaching you what your mama probably tried to.  Respect and decency go much further than hate, insults and lies.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

how interpreting something differently is viewed as a lie

You don't get a pass to interpret something that you conjure up.  That's not perspective or interpretation, it's lying.  Or at best, exaggerating, enhancing, etc...

41 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

because I believe CJS has benefited from nepotism and is unqualified for his current position

You think that's it?

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

You don't get a pass to interpret something that you conjure up.  That's not perspective or interpretation, it's lying.  Or at best, exaggerating, enhancing, etc...

How do can get the ball rolling to exaggerate or enhance Jeff Scott's win count ?

Edited by Outlaw

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No one is personally attacking Scott and his supporters/protectors have used every excuse in the book to justify that there is some progression in success.

Truly don't get it. 

I'm not his supporter.  I am, however, the owner/party responsible for this board and to see outright personal attacks, false assertions, REPEATEDLY, is old and unnecessary.

Secondly, you fell in the same trap, you make it about "supporters/protectors" and their need to "justify" success - that is just wrong.  So far off, it hardly bears discussing again.

What guys like Frisco struggle with if you can be suspended from talking to another board member in a disrespectful and rude manner, why wouldn't you understand why that kind of talk is not appropriate for someone not on this board, especially someone that is attached to USF when there are written guidelines on that?

I really do question why I keep coming back to try to set this contingent straight.  It's hopeless. 

Trying to help and you guys keep arguing that being a rude SOB and implying the worst about people is ok (in your interpretation) if they're only 1-22 in FBS football and/or they had a dad in the same business.  Or talks differently.  Or pauses in a statement and thinks about something meaningful.  Or.... you name it. 

Stick to the 1-22, you can make a good living off of that.

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

Truly don't get it. 

I'm not his supporter.  I am, however, the owner/party responsible for this board and to see outright personal attacks, false assertions, REPEATEDLY, is old and unnecessary.

Secondly, you fell in the same trap, you make it about "supporters/protectors" and their need to "justify" success - that is just wrong.  So far off, it hardly bears discussing again.

What guys like Frisco struggle with if you can be suspended from talking to another board member in a disrespectful and rude manner, why wouldn't you understand why that kind of talk is not appropriate for someone not on this board, especially someone that is attached to USF when there are written guidelines on that?

I really do question why I keep coming back to try to set this contingent straight.  It's hopeless. 

Trying to help and you guys keep arguing that being a rude SOB and implying the worst about people is ok (in your interpretation) if they're only 1-22 in FBS football and/or they had a dad in the same business.  Or talks differently.  Or pauses in a statement and thinks about something meaningful.  Or.... you name it. 

1-23 in FBS football ... I never made fun of the guy for his southern accent because I am from the south. I never wished ill will on him but I think we need a new coach or a coach that can win more games in 2.5 seasons  than the guy he replaced in his final year  . The only meaningful thing coaches are measured by are wins, bowl wins, championships, and big wins for the program. No one says man that coach was the nicest guy but he I am glad we kept him so for long even though he couldn't win a game. He lost the right way and couldn't figure out how to win. We have 2 plus years of excuses laid out on the board for people to read to justify the progress being made that is regression,  the culture change, and the huge improvement CJS was from CCS. I do question why we have not went another route coaching or hired his dad to lead his to success. USF deserves better than what we are paying for and the losing should not be acceptable. We are at the lowest of low for our football program and Scott doesn't seem to have an answer to bring USF back to relevance.  Our recruiting class is worse, our record is much worse, our offense is worse,  and our defense is worse.  I have donated money to USF Athletics and am a season ticket member, I am doing my part to support the program. I am not donating any more money other than my season tickets until the program shows me it deserves my money.  I even try to give tickets I win to people to bring to the game and no one is interested any more. I can't even give away my tickets on the board. Is that my fault or is the cause the current state of the football team impacted by the leader aka coach? After next year if we do not improve I am out as a STM.  Maybe we can hold Scott accountable to do his?

Edited by Outlaw