• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Discussion on "fan styles"

Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,866
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

Teaching you what your mama probably tried to.  Respect and decency go much further than hate, insults and lies.

I don’t hate him, he is bad at his job, he is simply extremely incompetent.    In addition, I don’t lie, I responded to someone I respect that said he cried so I opined and even said I did not watch his presser.  but I never lie, show me one instance of that.  I do throw out insults and if these are the rules I will abide.  Just remember criticisms are not always insults, thanks Brad.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, Brad said:

You don't get a pass to interpret something that you conjure up.  That's not perspective or interpretation, it's lying.  Or at best, exaggerating, enhancing, etc...

You are skipping the part where it is a direct response to the opposite but equally conjured and exaggerated take. People painting things as positives doesn’t make it so and should expect some push back.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are skipping the part where it is a direct response to the opposite but equally conjured and exaggerated take. People painting things as positives doesn’t make it so and should expect some push back.

Are you still hung up on your interpretation of Gator's post and using that to defend yourself?

36 minutes ago, Brad said:

Are you still hung up on your interpretation of Gator's post and using that to defend yourself?

No I’m hung up on people saying that he looks upset so that must mean he cares more or is trying harder. I definitely can see how they can feel that way but I personally think when people are upset about situations it’s about how it impacts them and their future and is not some act of selfless altruism. I believe if presented two doors one that leads to the destruction of the program but the success of his career or one that leads to the destruction of his career but the success of program he is definitely opening the one that saves himself, so to me any perceived sadness is feeling sorry for himself and not anyone else. Now at the moment both things are together so it probably doesn’t matter that much what the motivation actually is. If he wins we win and if he fails we fail but I’m not going to just pretend that makes him somehow more dedicated and caring than CCS, CSH or CWT; he is just the least established and stands the most to lose by failing harder than everyone else. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

For those having trouble with this, how about this?  Don't attack a person or call them names.  Attack the performance.  And do it with the respect one would use if they were face to face with the person delivering the criticism.  It's really not that difficult.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

For those having trouble with this, how about this?  Don't attack a person or call them names.  Attack the performance.  And do it with the respect one would use if they were face to face with the person delivering the criticism.  It's really not that difficult.

I will admit that when he first got here my reasons were very superficial and I had no actual basis for believing this would turn out this way, but in this instance that’s not what happened it was the people making up that he somehow cares more than other people because he lets emotion out at a press conference. I simply pointed out that it probably has more to do with him and where he feels he is at than anything to do with care for anyone else. I stand by that belief and do not understand how anyone actually believes that he is trying harder or cares any more than anyone else, he definitely cares but I believe it’s about the death of his career and that every day he sees his future staring back at him as an offensive analyst named Chad Morris. I don’t see anyone yelling at anyone or calling them names for being positive no matter how unfounded but I do see that happen in reverse when people question the idealized version of CJS that exists solely in peoples minds and has not been displayed in any meaningful fashion.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Great post. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I believe if presented two doors one that leads to the destruction of the program but the success of his career or one that leads to the destruction of his career but the success of program he is definitely opening the one that saves himself,

All people or just him?

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

cares more than other people because he lets emotion out at a press conference.

Some said at least he cares more than Strong.  That’s not a direct correlation of the “crying” or release of emotion, in fact, I don’t think anybody pointed out that it meant he cared more (and, as we know, he didn’t cry).  It was more a symptom of caring more that he could nearly break up or whatever the guy Will said.  I think you know that.  I’m getting real concerned about how you build your narrative.  

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

All people or just him?

To me all people but that probably says as much about me as the other peoples perception says about them. That being said I do not think our perceptions of the situation are any more made up than the other.