• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back the Jim!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,382
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is all fun but just remember Michael Kelly had a chance three years ago and passed on it. If he doesn’t mind being 0-1 he probably doesn’t mind being 0-2. 

Yes, it's our therapy.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

As most know, the Outback boys (and others allegedly) jumped out of supporting USF as soon as they unethically fired Leavitt.  So hey, there might be some compelling reasons to dream.  Like Leavitt perhaps, I’m too old to worry about it.  The program has already felt more distant than ever for me, I can’t imagine how he really feels.  I say that but I do know that he was hoping for an olive branch during the last hiring cycle and a potential opportunity.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I would fear the same thing that I wouldn't want to admit with CWT, and that's what if the magic window has passed? What if the coach you got back paled in comparison to your memory of them? 

I have used the romanticized 'first love' analogy before. I think it fits here still. In your memory not many things will live up to that feeling of your first true love. 

The circle back is typically only a good idea when going down memory lane. In my experience, people rarely live up to our memories of them. And life experience and wisdom give you a new set of eyes to see flaws and shortcomings you didn't notice the first time around,  ultimately souring the memories and making you question if it really was that magical to begin with. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I would fear the same thing that I wouldn't want to admit with CWT, and that's what if the magic window has passed? What if the coach you got back paled in comparison to your memory of them? 

I have used the romanticized 'first love' analogy before. I think it fits here still. In your memory not many things will live up to that feeling of your first true love. 

The circle back is typically only a good idea when going down memory lane. In my experience, people rarely live up to our memories of them. And life experience and wisdom give you a new set of eyes to see flaws and shortcomings you didn't notice the first time around,  ultimately souring the memories and making you question if it really was that magical to begin with. 

I agree that the magic probably couldn't be the same and we might get similar results as we currently have but my god, he would go down swinging and I don't think we do that anymore.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

4 wins in 3 years... you think Leavitt would be any worse?

At this point, would I expect him to build a top-25 team in the next 3-4 years? Probably not, but I think we could have some fun watching a team play with passion. I don't think Scott is building a top-25 team in the next 30-40 years. I don't have any faith in our admin to hire the next guy that will do it either. At the end of the day, winning or not, I personally would feel proud to support a CJL team and proud of my University for righting a wrong.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

Hey Mods/Brad - I love reading all of the CJL posts.  Can you merge this topic with the CJL topic?  Thanks!

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

44 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Hey Mods/Brad - I love reading all of the CJL posts.  Can you merge this topic with the CJL topic?

Or perhaps we can have an all-Jimmy board where we can all escape the cynical commentary, dreaming that he never left and that USF is now in it's rightful place at the pinnacle of college athletics.  Talk about your fantasy football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I wanted The Jim back this past hiring cycle...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I wanted The Jim back this past hiring cycle...

Me too.  There seemed to be a lot more opposition to it back then.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Here’s one = bring him back, but as AD.