• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Ah, this thread reminds me of all the "Fire Taggart" posts just before he turned it around and started winning. 

Too soon, folks. Firing him now would make us as uncouth as FSU. Coaches need to know we will invest the time in them needed to build a program. Firing a coach before at least 3 years tells everyone else you are a terrible job option due.

CJS also gets a mulligan for 2020. Getting a single practice with the team (which was in terrible shape thanks to Charlie Strong's utter lack of leadership) before COVID restrictions kicked in is not a real year for a coaching staff to enact change. Meetings over Zoom does not a football team make. 

Strap in, folks, we will see CJS through his fourth year here. I am not happy with the on-field results, but we don't grow winning coaches in their first head coaching gig overnight.

dude this is completely different. FSU seemingly made the right choice bc they look better.

koolaid is strong

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

dude this is completely different. FSU seemingly made the right choice bc they look better.

koolaid bourbon is strong 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Ah, this thread reminds me of all the "Fire Taggart" posts just before he turned it around and started winning. 

Too soon, folks. Firing him now would make us as uncouth as FSU. Coaches need to know we will invest the time in them needed to build a program. Firing a coach before at least 3 years tells everyone else you are a terrible job option due.

CJS also gets a mulligan for 2020. Getting a single practice with the team (which was in terrible shape thanks to Charlie Strong's utter lack of leadership) before COVID restrictions kicked in is not a real year for a coaching staff to enact change. Meetings over Zoom does not a football team make. 

Strap in, folks, we will see CJS through his fourth year here. I am not happy with the on-field results, but we don't grow winning coaches in their first head coaching gig overnight.

7 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

koolaid is strong

Nothing to do with kool-aid. What FSU did was an aberration but they can AFFORD to do something like that. When you're still trying to build something, you've got to establish some type of stability first ......... but there is a point where you have to recognize if it's a positive type stability and that's where we're at. So far it's not, on the field, but this season has to at least play out before any kind of decision needs to be made and it's not going to be an easy one either way.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,353
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I was getting ready to say what if USF rips off 8 straight wins… what then?

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nothing to do with kool-aid. What FSU did was an aberration but they can AFFORD to do something like that. When you're still trying to build something, you've got to establish some type of stability first ......... but there is a point where you have to recognize if it's a positive type stability and that's where we're at. So far it's not, on the field, but this season has to at least play out before any kind of decision needs to be made and it's not going to be an easy one either way.

We don’t agree often, but we certainly agree here - the season needs to play out with CJS as head coach before any decision is made

I just hope that if things do not improve performance wise by season end, VPMK is man enough to admit he made a mistake in extending CJS’ contract in the name of stability

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

14 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

We don’t agree often, but we certainly agree here - the season needs to play out with CJS as head coach before any decision is made

I just hope that if things do not improve performance wise by season end, VPMK is man enough to admit he made a mistake in extending CJS’ contract in the name of stability

Yes there is no reason to fire now.  There's still time to turn things around and put a positive bow on the season.  That being said, the Louisville game was the worst thing I have seen in a while.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes there is no reason to fire now.  There's still time to turn things around and put a positive bow on the season.  That being said, the Louisville game was the worst thing I have seen in a while.

I was at both BYU and L'ville games and lost interest by the end of the first half. So I'm not a good judge as to which one was worse as I didn't see the whole game.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

43 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I was at both BYU and L'ville games and lost interest by the end of the first half. So I'm not a good judge as to which one was worse as I didn't see the whole game.  

True.  Maybe I enjoyed BYU more because I was in the stadium.  It was probably equally catastrophic, but didn't we score at least?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I was at both as well and knew both were over by the end of the first quarter.  Hard to stay interested after that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

I was getting ready to say what if USF rips off 8 straight wins… what then?

Buy your  lottery tickets, you may have a better shot than that happening this year. You are setting the bar too high, this progress  takes time and it the long game of stability.  Scott is changing culture that needs a lot of time.🤣

• Downvote 1