• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey CJS supporters…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

The defense is standing straight up while BYU is running easy throw n catch plays. I'm 7 rows from the field,  and watching these players unprepared & seemingly unconcerned with this embarrassment...

Gerry missed 3 crucial throws wayyyy too high that could've helped the offense out too. He looks like a freshmen out there. 

I thought he actually oozed good. I saw some bad drops. GB will be fine.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Horn didn't undercut the route. Bohanon overthrew him from what I saw.

If you didn't see how badly Hlil played tonight then you weren't watching him. Three specific plays come to mind for me. First, on a run play he got himself stuck behind one of our defenders getting blocked by a BYU player. Took himself completely out of the play. Second, I saw him a few times get absolutely manhandled by WRs down the field blocking on run plays. One of the plays he went on a ride for about 15 yards and I couldn't tell if he just didn't try to shed the block or if he's just not capable. Third, he completely blew a coverage which led to their 4th TD of the game. The 21 yard pass was a blown coverage by him. He didn't touch the field again after that. I don't think it was injury, It was extremely obvious he should not be be starting on our defense after we've seen him the last season + out there.

Apparently he suffered a concussion, which is why he left the field. I can't speak to the first two plays, but you are wrong about the TD.  The WR that scored was on Amarrs Brown, who was caught watching the QB while the WR ran right by him.  Hill, as the nickel back, was covering the slot receiver.  You can see the players' position here:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, hm101 said:

Does not sound like a man who is on top of things. And that's coming from a huge CJS fan up to this point.

I'm not seeing an FBS win until Oct 15, Tulane, and given that we got whalloped last year by then, I put that as generous. 

He sounds like a head coach who lost a game badly.  You know that coaches are never direct and honest, there is a reason "coach speak" is a thing.

He and his staff will get this corrected.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  120
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

DJ party is supposed to happen after a win not before a blowout

When the announcers said this right before the game started, it hit me as a warning sign. Especially when they compared it to the BYU locker room.  It was like we were having a party and BYU was down here for business.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I mean there really is hope for the future. Did y'all see that Louisville score? Maybe going up against (hopefully legit) top 25 competition will give us added fuel to keep pushing. Once we turn the corner this will all be worth it. 

Howard, Louisville,  East Carolina,  Tulane, Temple,  Tulsa, are all wins if the second half team comes out and plays a whole game. 

Shoot I appreciate the fact that GB didn't have to run for his life all night. Unless I missed something, there were no sacks. That's a huge win. I can't remember the last time a qb had time to go through his progressions. 

1st half was all of the bad we have to suffer this year put into one game.  🤞🏿🤞🏿🤞🏿

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

He sounds like a head coach who is lost 

Fify

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I mean there really is hope for the future. Did y'all see that Louisville score? Maybe going up against (hopefully legit) top 25 competition will give us added fuel to keep pushing. Once we turn the corner this will all be worth it. 

Howard, Louisville,  East Carolina,  Tulane, Temple,  Tulsa, are all wins if the second half team comes out and plays a whole game. 

Shoot I appreciate the fact that GB didn't have to run for his life all night. Unless I missed something, there were no sacks. That's a huge win. I can't remember the last time a qb had time to go through his progressions. 

1st half was all of the bad we have to suffer this year put into one game.  🤞🏿🤞🏿🤞🏿

I like the positivity.  Ive been fooled many times by this team so I am jaded. 

After reflecting on this:

I think what makes this loss so bad is that this year there are players.  In the past there has been a severe lack of talent. This year we returned almost everyone- and look worse for it. 
Khafre Brown and Jimmy Horn are blazing fast, yet we got to see BYU torch us for a jet screen- something this offense should be able to do. 

My fear is we have another oc out here running plays that only work when you have a top 10 offensive line.  You say the run game was shut down? ********. Why was no attempt made to run outside creatively? The one time they did that battie had open field and ran in for a TD. 

On defense, we got caught with our pants down. Either that gets fixed at the UF game, or its a long season.  Tackling is still a huge issue.  

Adrenaline  is a hell of a thing  and its totally possible this team was amped and that delay just did them in.

Positives?  Tramell Logan played great on the edge and was active all night.  The d line was not as terrible as they have been in the past.  Weaver is still good, but dropped a TD pass.  Jimmy Horn is a beast but totally under utilized. 
Student section showed up, CJS should be begging them for another chance to come back.  More usf fans than byu fans, but I must say the die hard older guys who are always positive left shaking their heads after the third score- cant lose those loyal guys. 

Next three weeks will make or break this program for the next 3 years. If they look this inept again, its going to be a real long term problem. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

12 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What say you now

I’m still going to stay optimistic. Good news is that game last night is history. We will get better overall by next game. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

I like the positivity.  Ive been fooled many times by this team so I am jaded. 

After reflecting on this:

I think what makes this loss so bad is that this year there are players.  In the past there has been a severe lack of talent. This year we returned almost everyone- and look worse for it. 
Khafre Brown and Jimmy Horn are blazing fast, yet we got to see BYU torch us for a jet screen- something this offense should be able to do. 

My fear is we have another oc out here running plays that only work when you have a top 10 offensive line.  You say the run game was shut down? ********. Why was no attempt made to run outside creatively? The one time they did that battie had open field and ran in for a TD. 

On defense, we got caught with our pants down. Either that gets fixed at the UF game, or its a long season.  Tackling is still a huge issue.  

Adrenaline  is a hell of a thing  and its totally possible this team was amped and that delay just did them in.

Positives?  Tramell Logan played great on the edge and was active all night.  The d line was not as terrible as they have been in the past.  Weaver is still good, but dropped a TD pass.  Jimmy Horn is a beast but totally under utilized. 
Student section showed up, CJS should be begging them for another chance to come back.  More usf fans than byu fans, but I must say the die hard older guys who are always positive left shaking their heads after the third score- cant lose those loyal guys. 

Next three weeks will make or break this program for the next 3 years. If they look this inept again, its going to be a real long term problem. 

We heard all off season OC was going to get playmakers in space and an aggressive defense then that pathetic showing not doing either.

All I can hope for is a tremendous improvement vs Howard...we pound them 50+ to 3 like score....not a 31 to 17 type score. 

This team is now mostly 90% Scott's guys. Talent exist on the team..time for these coaches to use it.

If at some point this team doesn't have its 2015 Syracuse game where it starts clicking and this team goes to win multiple games he has to go. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, mjadams said:

I thought he actually oozed good. I saw some bad drops. GB will be fine.

Yes he came back after that disastrous start so that says something to me. He is going to be fine. Usually the high throughs are from a lot of adrenaline & nerves and with playing a live game with new team. They will start to jell. Defense needs to improve as season goes a long. I’m not worried about any team in the AAC so I still Bullieve we are getting 6 wins or better