• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey CJS supporters…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Lots of new transfer players, new coordinators, supposedly better culture, however did the play on the field look or feel any different than 2020 for 2021?  To me it really didn’t so where is the progress in year 3?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Lots of new transfer players, new coordinators, supposedly better culture, however did the play on the field look or feel any different than 2020 for 2021?  To me it really didn’t so where is the progress in year 3?

Some say that we usually see team’s improvement around game 2 or 3. So hopefully we see that moving forward. Good news is that we are not in the ACC yet so we can find a way to get off the mat while we are in AAC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

so where is the progress in year 3?

We scored in the season opener?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

We scored in the season opener?

Baby steps I guess.  Perhaps by year 7 of CJS tenure after he’s extended for another 8 years by MK maybe we’ll get that opening game FBS win.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We heard all off season OC was going to get playmakers in space and an aggressive defense then that pathetic showing not doing either.

All I can hope for is a tremendous improvement vs Howard...we pound them 50+ to 3 like score....not a 31 to 17 type score. 

This team is now mostly 90% Scott's guys. Talent exist on the team..time for these coaches to use it.

If at some point this team doesn't have its 2015 Syracuse game where it starts clicking and this team goes to win multiple games he has to go. 

My young kids and I stayed until the end of the game hoping for the "Syracuse moment".  Seems like Trickett shut it down the last 2 drives of the game. 

The circumstances of this game have allowed me to stay somewhat positive for another week, my wife and I will be on vacation for the Howard game, so my 8 year old son will be giving me updates.  This game needs to be 40+ to 17 or less or else this team is in trouble. 

Again, looking back- you had the jet sweep TD, the pick 6, and the blown coverage TD all in the first 6 minutes of this game.  Hard to keep composed with that happening- in the past we would have seen a penalty fest ensue- these kids stayed disciplined and tried their best to recover.  Have to hope that this game did not break them mentally.

But I will die on this hill, any USF offense that does not feature at least 2-3 Jet sweeps and 2-3 bubble screens a game will not be successful here.  UCF built their entire success on fast plays and players.  You can beat a better team using speed.   This school is not going to get a bunch of huge, physical, technically sound guys- so they need to literally run other teams off of the field.  CJS has been resistant to do this with his hires, and here we are.  Michael Kelly is doing huge things on the administration side, but his biggest failure has been not realizing where we are and how we need to play in order to win.  With all this talk about being in alignment- he is not aligning his football hires with this in mind.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, 12inchtaint! said:

My fear is we have another oc out here running plays that only work when you have a top 10 offensive line.  You say the run game was shut down? ********. Why was no attempt made to run outside creatively? The one time they did that battie had open field and ran in for a TD. 

That play was actually designed to go inside, but the DL stuffed it an Battie bounced it outside.  It was not a designed outside run.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

When we only win two or three games this season it will be interesting to see what the Scott apologists say then. 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Correct me if I am wrong here.  BYU is extremely underrated because they are not in the SEC, B10, or ACC.  Look at the scores this weekend, BYU would have smoked a lot of the teams ahead of them in the polls.  The weather delay absolutely killed any hype we had coming into this game.  Coaches should have had them more focused coming out after the delay.  The truth of the matter this game meant more to us than it did to BYU.  We came into the game with juices flowing and such a long delay, we couldn't get that back.  Meanwhile BYU just treated it as another west coast kickoff time.

This game does not define a season.  There are no moral victories a loss is a loss. You think Oregon Fans are happy today.  They were ranked #11 and got beat 49-3.  

But if moral victories count for anything we played a pretty clean game (not many penalties).  We had 7TFL and 1 sack. Offensive line gave up 1 sack and 0 QB hurries.  The defense will get better as they get use to live bullets with Shoop.  Again this was against what I believe is a top #10-12 team without the media biases. 

Enjoy your coffee this Sunday Morning and go take a nice walk!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

When we only win two or three games this season it will be interesting to see what the Scott apologists say then. 

There won't be many left if that happens ... says this Scott apologist.

People fail to realize the cost of firing Scott and hiring a new staff.  Not just the payouts, although that is an important piece, but also the impact on the team.  Talented players will transfer immediately.  A new coach means a new system, and recruiting new players to fit that system.  So while USF is paying two football coaches, one to be here and one not to be here, USF will keep losing for another year or two.

There is a line where the loss of fan support becomes more expensive than firing Scott... so it cannot - MUST NOT - go on forever.  However, how do you find that line? And how does it look when a school had four coaches in a row that are only here for three seasons?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

There won't be many left if that happens ... says this Scott apologist.

People fail to realize the cost of firing Scott and hiring a new staff.  Not just the payouts, although that is an important piece, but also the impact on the team.  Talented players will transfer immediately.  A new coach means a new system, and recruiting new players to fit that system.  So while USF is paying two football coaches, one to be here and one not to be here, USF will keep losing for another year or two.

There is a line where the loss of fan support becomes more expensive than firing Scott... so it cannot - MUST NOT - go on forever.  However, how do you find that line? And how does it look when a school had four coaches in a row that are only here for three seasons?

That line will be here on Thanksgiving weekend when USF football finishes with 2/3 wins.