• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey CJS supporters…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

After that game, does he have any supporters?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

37 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

Not many. I have not been sold on him. However I’m rooting for USF and whoever is coaching so hopefully I’m sold this season. We shall see. Lol

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Not many. I have not been sold on him. However I’m rooting for USF and whoever is coaching so hopefully I’m sold this season. We shall see. Lol

You'll be the guy to turn out the lights.  😂

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

Only those that realize that one game doesn't a season make ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473

2 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

The thing is USF has & already making progress off the field so it is only a matter or time before we see it on the field & basketball hardwood. 

Correct, but it seems that for @Outlaw and @puc86 and many many others, they think it should be success on the field/court before success off it.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

49 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Correct, but it seems that for @Outlaw and @puc86 and many many others, they think it should be success on the field/court before success off it.

Not necessarily. But I do believe that if there is any off the field or off the court success that is of any consequence or value it doesn’t require waiting for completion before one can begin to demonstrate any semblance of improvement on the only thing you are actually tasked with accomplishing. The entire roster is now here by CJS’ choice and almost everyone was directly brought here by him. He has been able to bring in the coordinators of his choosing and now has replaced them with the next set of coordinators of his choosing.

Success is a path and can be demonstrated immediately by going the right direction and anyone that pretends they are building an arch that needs perfectly set and to have all of the components in place to work at any level is typically a charlatan that has no actionable plan. 

Why is getting any amount better completely impossible only to this unique situation? How is it that you haven’t completed the unnecessary off the field buzz word salad nonsense when there is really no one left from any previous regime? At what point do you think it’s reasonable to just not look like we’ve never seen a football before? How are these evil doers and ghosts of coaches past directly contributing to horrible decisions and lack of direction taking place at the top?

At some point when people can build lunar space programs and invent nuclear weapons quicker than you you think need to build the foundation necessary for you to first begin the process of improving the only thing you were hired to do. That winning a game is the only thing you need to do is even more laughable that anyone thinks you can’t begin that process immediately. Now would be a good time to do some reflection about if the plan is the problem or the person making the plan is the problem because there has been plenty of time to reap some type of reward.

The vast majority of people that are failing this poorly at this point are fired long before they come close to entering a fourth year and if he continues his current path he will be the proud owner of one of the longest and worst starts to any college football coaching career at this level. But sure it’s probably just needing to graduate several classes of culture changed players that will somehow compound to finally overcome the short coming and failure that is CJS.

Edited by puc86
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

He needs to right the ship and do it quickly, i think we need to get to 2-2 and then focus on a good ecu team

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Yup which why they have it wrong. Last time we had some success we lost that coach to Oregon. Maybe not being in P5 and lack of atmosphere at RJS had something to do with it. I would rather have the facilities in place so people can no longer use those excuses. USF will eventually find the right coaching staffs. That is the easy part so I’m not worried.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473

21 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

He needs to right the ship and do it quickly, i think we need to get to 2-2 and then focus on a good ecu team

ECU might actually be better than Louisville from what I saw yesterday.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

We got punched in the mouth by a very good BYU team and this team still hasnt learned how to win, call it coaching, call it culture, or the players we have but i saw glimpses after the 1st qtr, Gerry is an upgrade, wrs are good if they can get past drop issues, oline pass protected well, a couple d-linemen made plays, still alot of season left

• Like 1