• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another polarizing discussion on the current state of USF Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

These are sweet!  Back in the day I used to have a pretty solid USF man cave.  Then we went to the AAC.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, USFreak said:

These are sweet!  Back in the day I used to have a pretty solid USF man cave.  Then we went to the AAC.

spacer.png

Fair-weather Freak

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, USFreak said:

spacer.png

Wah-Wah! You know you are starting to get old when you remember Debbie Downer!  How about Landshark?

Anyway, I refuse to acknowledge our flush down the pipes in my man cave.  MY man cave - my reality!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

7 hours ago, USFreak said:

So it really wasn't a USF man cave but rather a Big East man cave ....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, USFreak said:

spacer.png

Get ready for that Tulsa excitement!

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

I root hard for USF. And I would if we were still playing Charleston Southern, Hofstra, and Drake. Wouldn’t make a darned bit of difference. It’s my alma mater.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I root hard for USF. And I would if we were still playing Charleston Southern, Hofstra, and Drake. Wouldn’t make a darned bit of difference. It’s my alma mater.

I'm definitely pro-Bulls.  I'm proud of USF but I can't say I bleed green and gold.  I've seen and been associated with far too many SEC man-children in my days that think college is a full-time life gig.  I was probably one too long myself.  There's more important **** for sure. I want USF to do well and I'm certainly disappointed they dropped so, so, so many balls when they had such an epic chance to climb.   I think the on-campus college game-day experience is tough to beat but some of the costs to "pay to play" are becoming unconscionable (NILs, coach buyouts, facility costs, etc).   Pro-sports already exist and Bobby Kraft, Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, etc are doing a fine job of putting a product out there.  I've mentioned before that I love the Colorado State gameday experience and they play in a second-tier league as well (although maybe not as gutter troll as the AAC).  But still, that costs a lot of moolah.  Maybe USF will get there some day.  You may also get your wish of seeing a schedule riddled with Western Kentucky, Troy State and James Madison again.   

I think your overarching point is you are proud of USF as an institution and the sports are a distant second that simply add to the experience no matter what level of competition.  I'd agree with that sentiment.  I mentioned CSU above but I also attended a homecoming game at Western Colorado U (Gunnison) this past fall - maybe 2800 fans and every bit as fun.  The difference maker for both:  the on-campus stadium.  USF really, really misjudged the importance of that.  

Footnote:  I was on-campus during UCF's spring game back in April.  I was amazed at the electricity on campus for an April game.  Again, on-campus stadium a difference maker.  That stadium might be made of coat-hangers and chewing gum but for a directional school they got it mostly right.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Hell, we must be proud of USF otherwise why would we take this seasonal abuse...Go Bulls

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

^ Very well said.  Aside from me living in Tampa, this pretty much sums up  my feelings toward the state of the program.  It was also therapeutic for me to read it 😂

• Upvote 1