• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another polarizing discussion on the current state of USF Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Wow! Not even sure what to say. That’s some superficial view you have there - and obviously not a very educated one. Must be tough to be you. We’re done here.

Dave it is an educated view, some majors are more challenging then others making an honors college silly imo.  If you don’t even understand this then you don’t have the bandwidth to comprehend education.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

For Frisco and Puc, I have only one question: If you are so hopelessly disgusted with how USF does it’s business, why do you waste your time here? What are you hoping to accomplish with your endless stream of negativity? I guess that’s actually two questions . . . 

I can tell you that I’ve been in and out of this forum for years because I appreciate Brad’s dedication. I hang in for a few months and try to post some things that might generate some interest - but then ultimately throw in the towel because of guys like you. And I can tell you my other USF buds won’t come here and laugh at me for doing so because they label it “toxic” - which I guess you’re happy to play your part in.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

For Frisco and Puc, I have only one question: If you are so hopelessly disgusted with how USF does it’s business, why do you waste your time here? What are you hoping to accomplish with your endless stream of negativity? I guess that’s actually two questions . . . 

I can tell you that I’ve been in and out of this forum for years because I appreciate Brad’s dedication. I hang in for a few months and try to post some things that might generate some interest - but then ultimately throw in the towel because of guys like you. And I can tell you my other USF buds won’t come here and laugh at me for doing so because they label it “toxic” - which I guess you’re happy to play your part in.

I can’t speak for puc but I hope someday we get out due.  You guys are heroic and I hope you guys keep pushing our narrative, go bulls and let’s win some games this year,

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Because I was here long before this clown show and I am devoted to the university and not the people that are actively working as hard as possible on destroying what is left of our athletics program. I love usf, I want more for it which is at odds with the Enron model of rewarding failure at the expense of the stock holders model that was instilled by the worst VP of athletics in the history of USF.

Teams make it through poor leadership all of the time but the first thing is to recognize that since 2018 when Kelly was put in charge every single year things have gotten worse between the only two sports that matter to most people. For that MK said everyone that coaches every sport here are his people, the right people and deserve an extension and for that completely embarrassing act of failure that was universally panned and not copied by a single other person charged with leading their athletics the university then decided to reward MK with an extension of his own all while on the way to losing tens of millions of dollars which if not for taxing the students would be measured in the $30 something million deficit range. 

Mike Kelly, Jeff Scott and Brian Gregory (who I actually like a lot when Ive interacted with him) all suck, Why? Because I’m mean and not a fan? No, because math. And a company that thinks rewarding failure and thinking time and money will solve their problems as they all glowing say they are all the best and trying real hard is doomed for failure. They don’t deserve praise they deserve rebuke at the very least.

Five years from now I will still have my usf degree in my office, my usf tattoo on my arm, my license plate on my car and thankfully not a single one of the three of them will be working here. I can’t get rid of USF but USF certainly can and should get rid of all of them. To support them is to hate usf as they are directly at odds with a successful program and a UCF fan twitter poll couldn’t do a better job of picking lovable losers to destroy our program. 

Our fans keep falling like flies, apathy has more than set in and we have chosen to completely stay the course. Noticing that’s dumb isn’t being a bad fan it’s just seeing something that Hellen Keller wouldn’t be able to believe someone doesn’t actually see. Why should I leave when they are the ones that suck and we can just hire new mercenaries that maybe aren’t laughing stocks? 

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

At this very moment 51-58% of American voters think Biden is doing a bad job and 60 something percent of voting Americans think congress is doing a bad job. Would you think they would be better served to be quiet or leave America or perhaps voice their concerns in an attempt to impact change and if that change doesn’t come try to get in people that maybe can do a job they can approve of? 

Edited by puc86

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because I was here long before this clown show and I am devoted to the university and not the people that are actively working as hard as possible on destroying what is left of our athletics program. I love usf, I want more for it which is at odds with the Enron model of rewarding failure at the expense of the stock holders model that was instilled by the worst VP of athletics in the history of USF.

Teams make it through poor leadership all of the time but the first thing is to recognize that since 2018 when Kelly was put in charge every single year things have gotten worse between the only two sports that matter to most people. For that MK said everyone that coaches every sport here are his people, the right people and deserve an extension and for that completely embarrassing act of failure that was universally panned and not copied by a single other person charged with leading their athletics the university then decided to reward MK with an extension of his own all while on the way to losing tens of millions of dollars which if not for taxing the students would be measured in the $30 something million deficit range. 

Mike Kelly, Jeff Scott and Brian Gregory (who I actually like a lot when Ive interacted with him) all suck, Why? Because I’m mean and not a fan? No, because math. And a company that thinks rewarding failure and thinking time and money will solve their problems as they all glowing say they are all the best and trying real hard is doomed for failure. They don’t deserve praise they deserve rebuke at the very least.

Five years from now I will still have my usf degree in my office, my usf tattoo on my arm, my license plate on my car and thankfully not a single one of the three of them will be working here. I can’t get rid of USF but USF certainly can and should get rid of all of them. To support them is to hate usf as they are directly at odds with a successful program and a UCF fan twitter poll couldn’t do a better job of picking lovable losers to destroy our program. 

Our fans keep falling like flies, apathy has more than set in and we have chosen to completely stay the course. Noticing that’s dumb isn’t being a bad fan it’s just seeing something that Hellen Keller wouldn’t be able to believe someone doesn’t actually see. Why should I leave when they are the ones that suck and we can just hire new mercenaries that maybe aren’t laughing stocks? 

Dude, I get it. But my question really is, how does your incessant diatribe here - in this forum - impact any of that? To me, all it does is negatively impact the experience I assume all (or many of us) come to a forum like this for - in an attempt to feed our fandom. Am I making any sense to you? No, none of us are thrilled with our current circumstances, but I sure as heck don’t come here hoping to find a bunch of fellow fans pounding away non-stop about what a piece of crap we are - over and over and over and . . . 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have no issue in loving USF and still being harshly critical of what has happened. I don’t think blind loyalty is the way to go any longer (which is what I have done in the past). I pretty much agree with Puc’s comments from the perspective that BK is a poor administrator as far as hiring and (not) firing goes. At the same time I am willing to support these coaches at the start of the year because (1) they are here and are not going anywhere, (2) I want to get behind the program, and (3) I think it’s bad form to piss on a coach before the season has even started. Now that being said, and as I noted previously, if the football team starts 1-6 and the basketball team is 3-12 at mid season I’ll be screaming for immediate termination. Further, because I am barely hanging on as it is, I hope they both do well so I don’t give up. It’s tough being a USF Athletics fan and my fandom has reached such lower levels than I could have ever imagined. At the same time I am still awfully proud to have acquired my degree from USF and that part will never change. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have no issue in loving USF and still being harshly critical of what has happened. I don’t think blind loyalty is the way to go any longer (which is what I have done in the past). I pretty much agree with Puc’s comments from the perspective that BK is a poor administrator as far as hiring and (not) firing goes. At the same time I am willing to support these coaches at the start of the year because (1) they are here and are not going anywhere, (2) I want to get behind the program, and (3) I think it’s bad form to piss on a coach before the season has even started. Now that being said, and as I noted previously, if the football team starts 1-6 and the basketball team is 3-12 at mid season I’ll be screaming for immediate termination. Further, because I am barely hanging on as it is, I hope they both do well so I don’t give up. It’s tough being a USF Athletics fan and my fandom has reached such lower levels than I could have ever imagined. At the same time I am still awfully proud to have acquired my degree from USF and that part will never change. 

I’m not calling for blind loyalty. I’m asking for interactions that don’t always turn in the same direction. For Christ’s sake, this is a topic that started with me showing my USF fan cave and asking if others have similar and LOOK WHERE WE ARE! This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. Why are we here right now based on the topic of this thread? But it happens time and time again because of a few people. Why? WHY?

“Well, I used to have a fan cave, but we suck so much . . . “ “Why would I have a fan cave because we suck so much . . .” That’s how every thread turns and we’re off and running. Give it a rest.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m not calling for blind loyalty. I’m asking for interactions that don’t always turn in the same direction. For Christ’s sake, this is a topic that started with me showing my USF fan cave and asking if others have similar and LOOK WHERE WE ARE! This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. Why are we here right now based on the topic of this thread? But it happens time and time again because of a few people. Why? WHY?

“Well, I used to have a fan cave, but we suck so much . . . “ “Why would I have a fan cave because we suck so much . . .” That’s how every thread turns and we’re off and running. Give it a rest.

My blind loyalty comment was directed at myself (as I note in my post). I think that “most” of us want the two big sports to do well. I get it, there are some who are repetitively doom and gloom. At the same time there are some who are redundantly sunshine and rainbows (I think I fall in the middle). So it does work both ways on this board. Yes, your thread was hijacked by negativity and I am sorry I contributed to it with my long diatribe. But I can see how it can happen now with many topics as this program is literally at a crossroads for many (with more than a few who have already left) and many are upset. I am not saying that is right, it’s just the way it is right now. Hopefully some wins will start coming soon and things will settle down some. You are an outstanding fan Dave and based on the last few years USF is lucky to have you.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It’s kind of sad. I don’t even read their posts, but I should since I am not only the owner/founder but one of the moderators charged with making this a great place to congregate.  It is so tiring, repetitive and useless.