• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another polarizing discussion on the current state of USF Athletics

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

OK, so you want to talk Jeff Scott? Let me tell you why your take on him may be completely correct, but right now it’s total horsecrud.

I currently work with Dan Krone, who was USF’s Assoc. AD for Athletic Facilities under Taggart and Strong. He tells me that eventually the common feeling in the building about Strong and his staff was that they fully expected to be at USF for ONE season and then they would get another shot somewhere in the P5. Dan said at some point Strong and staff were clearly so convinced of this that they flat-out stopped recruiting.

So Scott walks into a program that’s lost 15 of 19, has a culture of losing and not caring about it, and is devoid of talent - in a pandemic, with no practice - and has a forgettable first season. Totally predictable. The rebuild then officially starts - again during a pandemic, trying to recruit for a down-in-the-dumps program. The 2021 season is another forgettable one that could have been better, but not a whole lot, given the circumstances. What 2 or 3 more wins, realistically?

So you and others are now fully in fire Jeff Scott mode. It flat out doesn’t make sense at this point. It’s not making excuses, it’s just reality. You wanted a miracle worker. Me too. But the odds were well stacked against it. Am I anointing him the next Nick Saban? Surely not, but to be so sure he’s not the guy at this point just doesn’t make sense.

I’m not saying you may not ultimately be right, but give the guy a break.

I’ll tell you what, let’s make it interesting. If the Bulls don’t win 6 games this season, I’ll write John Lewis a check for $500. If they do, you write him one - and maybe John arranges a photo of you handing it to Coach Scott, Horns Up! I have all the risk here. I face another cruddy season and having to write a check.

Dave, let’s cut to the chase on this in the hopes you’ll stop wasting your time. Puc hated the hire from the very beginning. My professional diagnosis on this is that supposedly MK had a chance to re-hire CJL and passed. He was a dead man walking with puc from that day forward. All this other almost indefensible nonsense he spews is just that, nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Dave, let’s cut to the chase on this in the hopes you’ll stop wasting your time. Puc hated the hire from the very beginning. My professional diagnosis on this is that supposedly MK had a chance to re-hire CJL and passed. He was a dead man walking with puc from that day forward. All this other almost indefensible nonsense he spews is just that, nonsense. 

I am not an unreasonable person I would have been fine with Nick Saban and even a strong argument could have been made for CWT. I am not however okay with a hire everyone now claims we should have known from the beginning would need to fail for several years before we can possibly have a single expectation of them. It was a critical juncture in the program in terms of fandom and conference shake up and going with a long term gamble wasn’t the move and doubling down on it for no justifiable reason is where I drew the line.  That people say that he is doing great and that they can see his vision because of all kinds of imaginary intangible things but then in the same breath that they aren’t blind and can see by every actual measure that he is a miserable failure but they don’t think we should talk about those things in polite society is particularly irksome. His answers and press conferences are also not particularly enjoyable and navigating through just the most simple of soft ball questions seems like a land mine field that does not instill confidence. Plus his recruiting still is just as lagging as his record which if like CWT it wasn’t the case I could at least grasp that winning may be a lag indicator of success however his recruiting is equal to what has led to his current level of success.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,085
  • Days Won:  469

Ok, just more wonderful repetitious stuff.  Although I do read @CousinRicky and he was at least injecting some humor.  

Please get back to topic.  Destroying threads like this is not helpful to the board and Bulls fans.  

Trip, I am on the road.  If you want to delete all the off-topic stuff (including this post) or put it in another thread, I am thankful.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Ok, just more wonderful repetitious stuff.  Although I do read @CousinRicky and he was at least injecting some humor.  

Please get back to topic.  Destroying threads like this is not helpful to the board and Bulls fans.  

Trip, I am on the road.  If you want to delete all the off-topic stuff (including this post) or put it in another thread, I am thankful.  

I’m at the game and in no state of mind to handle anything else right now. Will do it later on if you haven’t 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

G It’s because I’ve used the last of my emergency checks a while ago and I have no intention of ever getting checks again.  I do believe my wife has a joint account with checks but this hardly seems like a reason to transfer to it. Change the language to ach or card and it’s perfectly acceptable terms that I would be more than happy to pay $83 in arrears per enjoyable weekend. I can send whatever information to whomever right this very moment which authorizes the charge following the completion of the 6th win this season.

Nope it’s because of specific language about needing to use a check, which I don’t have 

You know what, I can’t imagine having to read your nonsense a minute more, so we won’t be interacting during this “wager” but I’ll live up to my end if you will - with cash, credit card, gold bullion or whatever the F.

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You know what, I can’t imagine having to read your nonsense a minute more, so we won’t be interacting during this “wager” but I’ll live up to my end if you will - with cash, credit card, gold bullion or whatever the F.

That’s not very nice and I’m not sure what I’ve said that was unreasonable. They plan on deleting most of this which isn’t a bad idea just take a screenshot to send me if they do so that I remember but like I said if we win 6 I’ll be happy with the progress, actually we can go 1-11 but beat florida and I wouldn’t be able to be happier or 5-7 with a win over Louisville.

No one is intentionally trying ruin your time on here and most people that have anything negative to say don’t last much longer and the ones that do stay take long breaks so it’s not having legitimate opinions that’s contributing to the loss of interest in this subject. It’s that the people charged with leading us are doing an awful job and we can’t even discuss the topic or make any jokes to even try to have interesting conversation because certain people in this world have no problem with other opinions just not ones that are different than their own, or voiced out loud or by certain people or at certain times or said that way or are in anyway funny but other than that all opinions and discussion are welcome as long as it’s perfectly in line with their echo chamber and they are so intrenched in their beliefs and not hearing any contrary things that even sports message boards can be upsetting places for them. 

I like your optimism and your posts and most times even if the subject isn’t the one most interesting I’ve tried to respond with something positive. I will keep reading what you have to say and appreciate that once a month seeing something I say negative is too much for your sensitivities. Hopefully Brad takes me up on the purchase of the url and you can avoid that page as we will not cater to suppressing inconvenient truths because they make people sad.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s not very nice and I’m not sure what I’ve said that was unreasonable. They plan on deleting most of this which isn’t a bad idea just take a screenshot to send me if they do so that I remember but like I said if we win 6 I’ll be happy with the progress, actually we can go 1-11 but beat florida and I wouldn’t be able to be happier or 5-7 with a win over Louisville.

No one is intentionally trying ruin your time on here and most people that have anything negative to say don’t last much longer and the ones that do stay take long breaks so it’s not having legitimate opinions that’s contributing to the loss of interest in this subject. It’s that the people charged with leading us are doing an awful job and we can’t even discuss the topic or make any jokes to even try to have interesting conversation because certain people in this world have no problem with other opinions just not ones that are different than their own, or voiced out loud or by certain people or at certain times or said that way or are in anyway funny but other than that all opinions and discussion are welcome as long as it’s perfectly in line with their echo chamber and they are so intrenched in their beliefs and not hearing any contrary things that even sports message boards can be upsetting places for them. 

I like your optimism and your posts and most times even if the subject isn’t the one most interesting I’ve tried to respond with something positive. I will keep reading what you have to say and appreciate that once a month seeing something I say negative is too much for your sensitivities. Hopefully Brad takes me up on the purchase of the url and you can avoid that page as we will not cater to suppressing inconvenient truths because they make people sad.

Don’t sweat it Puc, we live in a different world where people become offended at the drop of the hat.  I learned long ago that I don’t gel well with people that suffer from the stick up the ass syndrome.  They don’t like me and I don’t care for them.  You are way too **** loquacious however not in the least bit offensive IMO.  Let’s just do us and let others do them, which is the way it should be anyways, too old to change and don’t feel like it anyways because I find myself incredibly engaging and hilarious 😂.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't have a Man Cave, but I can send you guys a pic or two of my Bud Hole.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Don’t sweat it Puc, we live in a different world where people become offended at the drop of the hat.  I learned long ago that I don’t gel well with people that suffer from the stick up the ass syndrome.  They don’t like me and I don’t care for them.  You are way too **** loquacious however not in the least bit offensive IMO.  Let’s just do us and let others do them, which is the way it should be anyways, too old to change and don’t feel like it anyways because I find myself incredibly engaging and hilarious 😂.

I just find it super funny that people say they are all for dissent and discussion but.... and then a laundry list that excludes everything that isn't exactly what the believe and stated exactly how the believe it should be framed follows. Just be honest there is no amount of discussion you are comfortable with and that people do not do exactly what you want exactly when you want it doesn't make them the unreasonable selfish ones. If seeing something occasionally is too upsetting to you or trying to convey your message is too taxing because it is above repute that says more about you than it does them and you probably should do some introspection of your belief system, I believe the Scientologists take a similar approach to free discussion perhaps that would be a more comfortable bubble in which to reside and hey at least its super close.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would also add those who constantly and perhaps blindly posts all is well and USF Athletics are doing good things are just as annoying. Fortunately there are only a few who are on both extremes.

USF athletics seems to be going in the right direction off the field, but the product for the product for FOOTBALL has been a disaster under CJS. Basketball seems to be the same but I don't follow it or really care about basketball. MK extended both of this failures so far with unjustified extensions using the infamous covid and stability excuse.. No one can say he is doing a good job on the field in his first two years. The issue is people here praise CJS constantly about all the good things he is doing, but if anyone speaks the facts he has sucked here so far then they come vilified. 

Edited by Outlaw