• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another polarizing discussion on the current state of USF Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

7 hours ago, Brad said:

It’s kind of sad. I don’t even read their posts, but I should since I am not only the owner/founder but one of the moderators charged with making this a great place to congregate.  It is so tiring, repetitive and useless. 

B: If there’s a delete button, I’d be using it at this point. You give people a leash, you warn them, and if they can’t use some self-control, they forfeit the decision.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,261
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m not calling for blind loyalty. I’m asking for interactions that don’t always turn in the same direction. For Christ’s sake, this is a topic that started with me showing my USF fan cave and asking if others have similar and LOOK WHERE WE ARE! This is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. Why are we here right now based on the topic of this thread? But it happens time and time again because of a few people. Why? WHY?

“Well, I used to have a fan cave, but we suck so much . . . “ “Why would I have a fan cave because we suck so much . . .” That’s how every thread turns and we’re off and running. Give it a rest.

I at most have posted 10 times in the past month and mostly on the subject of contributions to the site which I believe in supporting. I am sorry that this was definitely the wrong forum for the discussion but I am not the one that turned the subject and only responded to things that were naturally being discussed and then your direct question on the subject. I’ve had conversations with MK in person, he and I are not aligned on vision and when @CousinRicky who is typically not a person that expresses dissatisfaction told him that he could no longer support basketball given its direction he was treated with polite indifference. Grassroots efforts are typically seen as a way of impacting change as amplified voices tend to be listened to more consistently than one off discussions that are dismissed.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

B: If there’s a delete button, I’d be using it at this point. You give people a leash, you warn them, and if they can’t use some self-control, they forfeit the decision.

What is uncontrolled or objectionable to any of the discussion? It seems to be on topic ( not to this this thread but to this forum), it isn’t as consistent as you should reasonably expect given the results, it isn’t vulgar and it is pretty well reasoned. I apologize for jumping into the topic when it got high jacked but I do not apologize for my perspective and I personally believe that fans sticking around when they have become displeased should be preferable to the abandonment approach that is typically taken and for some reason you are advocating. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Brad said:

It’s kind of sad. I don’t even read their posts, but I should since I am not only the owner/founder but one of the moderators charged with making this a great place to congregate.  It is so tiring, repetitive and useless. 

I will buy the url firejeffscott.com from you and we can make a sister board on that domain where you can move posts or threads and banish anyone that only wants to discuss those topics. I have been taking pretty consistent and lengthy breaks as I want everyone to be able to enjoy their experience on here and I don’t need to rain on anyone’s parade by constant drum beating but I do believe this subject deserves to be discussed in some capacity somewhere by fans that see this administration just isn’t it* 

*brought to you by pac USF fans for change a subsidiary of Results Still Matter

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don''t think Brad has, or will ever, jettison someone for just posting views that most don't agree with, no matter how raving lunatic like they sound. There is a threshold, though I think, for repetitiveness that he's addressed in the past ...

Dave, there is an Ignore function that spares you the ******** occasionally spewed on here which works great ..... until someone Quotes them.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

Just for the record, I have ZERO problems with opposing opinions. That’s not the issue with these guys. It’s the obsession.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don''t think Brad has, or will ever, jettison someone for just posting views that most don't agree with, no matter how raving lunatic like they sound. There is a threshold, though I think, for repetitiveness that he's addressed in the past ...

Dave, there is an Ignore function that spares you the ******** occasionally spewed on here which works great ..... until someone Quotes them.

I even listened to that feedback as I was one of the most quoted posters (not because anyone actually agreed with me but I’m pretty good at eliciting a response from someone that disagrees with me). So I’ve cut my post count 100x and have taken very long hiatuses from posting all together, I wish I had the time to do counts of negative posts to positive posts to show that it’s not near the level you would expect for a fan page dedicated specifically to a subject that has been rated by a national look at it the fanbase that deserves to be the most miserable. People say that they are okay with some dissent but that they think this ratio is too much certainly doesn’t seem to indicate that they actually are.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Just for the record, I have ZERO problems with opposing opinions. That’s not the issue with these guys. It’s the obsession.

fa·nat·ic
/fəˈnadik/

noun
  1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
    "religious fanatics"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

35 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Trust me, I get it ...... but message boards are like magnets to the obsessive types. Just the nature of the beast. Honestly, the Ignore function does work great most of the time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I would also add those who constantly and perhaps blindly posts all is well and USF Athletics are doing good things are just as annoying. Fortunately there are only a few who are on both extremes.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1