• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Viniks Give another $5m for stadium!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I will be doing that as well. @John Lewis said the fund will be officially opened in the next fiscal year (July 1).

Jim, you and me.  Love it. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

35000 seats is too small. We really need 45000 with possibility for 50,000

I agree with building to demand, but I'm starting to think we need to be at 45,000 simply to match the 3 smallest stadiums in the Big 12 (TCU, Baylor and UCF) which would give them a reason to come calling.  And Duke is the only stadium under 45,000 in the ACC at 40,000.

Edited by 79 Bull
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Good news?!!    I've almost forgotten what to do in response.

Excited The Price Is Right GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

Jim, you and me.  Love it. 

You two have it covered?  Awesome!  I'll save my money for the season ticket deposits.  😁

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I expect that we will hear about these big donations every month or so. They want to keep the momentum and buzz surrounding the new stadium moving forward. I am quite certain that there are a few other big-name donors that have already committed funds. This is excellent news. Worst case scenario, we are 1/40th of the way to fully funding the new stadium, assuming the high-end estimate of $400 million. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

IF we need 200 to 300M. 

IF we have 7000 season ticket members 

A seat license of 20k over 10 years gets you to 140M. $167 per month. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488
  • Days Won:  25

Amalie stadium  sounds good. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,478
  • Days Won:  13

16 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

IF we need 200 to 300M. 

IF we have 7000 season ticket members 

A seat license of 20k over 10 years gets you to 140M. $167 per month. 

many of those season ticket holders would be gone if asked for $167 a month plus the cost of tickets. That seems like a no go. Did UCF have a seat Licence?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The state does not provide money for university stadiums.  It didn't give money to UCF, FAU, or FIU... and the state did not pay for the FSU stadium renovations.  The state did provide PECO (Public Education Capital Outlay) funds for some FSU work because there are actual classrooms in the stadium facade, but those funds did not pay for anything in the stadium itself.  USF's football operation very likely center won't be eligible for PECO funds.

That said, there are student fees that are collected by the state and allocated in the state budget (Capital Improvement Trust Fund) for facilities like this.  The Sun Dome was built, in part, with CITF money... and the new roof was also CITF-funded.  So was the Rec Center... It's $$ paid by students to be used for non-academic buildings.

The state provides some money for professional stadiums in the form of sales tax rebates.  The Tampa Sports Authority keeps $2 million in sales tax revenue generated at the stadium, which is used to pay down the debt on the stadium construction bonds.  For college athletics, universities keep every penny of sales tax on tickets, which is used to fund women's sports.  Other sales tax goes to the state, as the law does not provide the same rebate for college facilities.

The state also allows local governments to dedicate local sales tax money and local hotel taxes to stadium construction debt service.  These are no available for university facilities (as they have to be owned by the local government).

This is not like the new Buffalo Bills stadium getting $850 from New York and Erie County... don't expect the state of Florida to provide direct appropriation for the stadium.

Sounds like you're familiar with the process. What if USF Health had training centers built into the stadium/lockers that could be used by students in a sports medicine program, would state funds then be eligible to build the locker rooms?

JSU is doing a stadium renovation right now that involves attaching dorms to the stadium and it looks like that got them 80 million, which they are using to expand the stadium as well. Wonder if we'll have any dorms attached, even if they're athlete only

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,350
  • Days Won:  5

I love you Jeff Vinik. You’re awesome… did you see that Sheriff?