• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Caleb Murphy has entered Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

65-89, only one winning season, no winning record in any season in AAC, best finish 7th place.

Yet gets an extension and makes a million a year. Nice job

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

65-89, only one winning season, no winning record in any season in AAC, best finish 7th place.

Yet gets an extension and makes a million a year. Nice job

Ad mk at his finest the cjs and by extensions really make you wonder sometimes. Hopefully he sees some untapped potential that no one else sees.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

Caleb Murphy leaving? Meh. Blessed with super athleticism. Basketball skills? Nothing more than average. For those who remember the name, Caleb is Jimmy Baxter with a slightly better handle and far less range.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, jg233 said:

MK is a joke and BG should be fired but Murphy is a PG that can't shoot a lick from outside of 5 feet.  Him leaving makes no difference whatsoever.  They will be terrible until BG or MK or both are gone.

The only difference he makes is at least getting his own shot which no one else on the team can do. And he can finish at the rim on the rare occasions we get a fast break.  Even if he missed it gave you a chance at a put back. The rest of the guys can't create and we either turn it over or shot clock violation. No season tickets for me this year whether or not Murphy was there.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,854
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The only difference he makes is at least getting his own shot which no one else on the team can do. And he can finish at the rim on the rare occasions we get a fast break.  Even if he missed it gave you a chance at a put back. The rest of the guys can't create and we either turn it over or shot clock violation. No season tickets for me this year whether or not Murphy was there.

Creating your own shot was prevalent in the tournament and really put things into perspective on how bad we suck and how important this is.  I may pass on ESPN plus or go monthly and skip hoops, they are not only bad but hard to watch as well, I can only watch so many 3-4-5 minute scoring droughts before I turn it off anyways.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Caleb Murphy leaving? Meh. Blessed with super athleticism. Basketball skills? Nothing more than average. For those who remember the name, Caleb is Jimmy Baxter with a slightly better handle and far less range.

Baxter could jump twice as high as Murphy, and I would say was the best athlete I've seen in person. He ended up having a respectable career in Europe.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Still can't believe that we gave Gregory an extension 

• Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

28 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Baxter could jump twice as high as Murphy, and I would say was the best athlete I've seen in person. He ended up having a respectable career in Europe.

Courtney Williams could jump twice as high as Murphy.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Creating your own shot was prevalent in the tournament and really put things into perspective on how bad we suck and how important this is.  I may pass on ESPN plus or go monthly and skip hoops, they are not only bad but hard to watch as well, I can only watch so many 3-4-5 minute scoring droughts before I turn it off anyways.

Unfortunately, Gregory is trying to run a Princeton Style Motion Offense.  A create your own shot guy generally does not fit in that offensive philosophy and Gregory has not really done anything to tailor the offense for Murphy’s game (or seemingly coach Murphy to fit in the offense)

As such, this is probably not a loss at this point, since he was not being used effectively anyway

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Unfortunately, Gregory is trying to run a Princeton Style Motion Offense.  A create your own shot guy generally does not fit in that offensive philosophy and Gregory has not really done anything to tailor the offense for Murphy’s game (or seemingly coach Murphy to fit in the offense)

As such, this is probably not a loss at this point, since he was not being used effectively anyway

This thought came to my mind too, Murphy had a high usage rate and couldn't shoot 3's which isn't the best combo for todays style of basketball. Not having to run the offense completely through him may change things up enough and guys already on the roster may improve a lot.

I do think the modern transfer trends have held Gregory back a lot. He's gotten some good talent to campus, they just never are all here together. If our roster this year had Murphy/Collins/Chaplin/Yetna/Durr with Greene, Tchewa, Walker off the bench we probably would have actually been competitive. It seems like as long as we're losing though those guys will just keep leaving leading us to a cycle of suck.