• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Caleb Murphy has entered Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,130
  • Days Won:  56

The guy with the most potential on that roster is Corey Walker Jr. NOT Caleb Murphy. I hope the focus is on keeping him and Russ Tchewa in place. If either of those guys head for the portal right now . . . well, let's just not think that way. Everyone else is free to go, well, Sam Hines could develop into a nice role player.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,130
  • Days Won:  56

I don't want to seem as though I'm totally discounting Caleb Murphy as a player, but the significance of his entering the transfer portal is much more PR than it is performance. In fact, it could end up being addition by subtraction. If Gregory was committed to him playing PG during his time here, I doubt we were looking at much success. Quite honestly, he seems like a player without a position. He's not a guy who can run an offense from up top. He isn't a difference-maker on the defensive end like Rideau was - creating turnovers and easy transition baskets. You can't rely on him to make free throws at the end of a game to close it out. He doesn't shoot it with enough range or consistently enough to be an off guard or a small forward. If he had stayed and continued at PG, it's highly unlikely that he would have made a mark or even been considered among the school's top 10 to play the position. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  189
  • Days Won:  0

Totally agree....

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/4/2022 at 10:47 AM, Cubanbull said:

That extension is looking better every day.

thanks for the hump day laugh

this is funny and true

why would anyone stay with gregory as coach?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Unfortunately, Gregory is trying to run a Princeton Style Motion Offense.  A create your own shot guy generally does not fit in that offensive philosophy and Gregory has not really done anything to tailor the offense for Murphy’s game (or seemingly coach Murphy to fit in the offense)

As such, this is probably not a loss at this point, since he was not being used effectively anyway

that is what you call it!!!!!!

there is no style

there is no motion

and there is no offense

and we arent princeton

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, jg233 said:

MK is a joke and BG should be fired but Murphy is a PG that can't shoot a lick from outside of 5 feet.  Him leaving makes no difference whatsoever.  They will be terrible until BG or MK or both are gone.

true

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,883
  • Days Won:  67

56 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don't want to seem as though I'm totally discounting Caleb Murphy as a player, but the significance of his entering the transfer portal is much more PR than it is performance. In fact, it could end up being addition by subtraction. If Gregory was committed to him playing PG during his time here, I doubt we were looking at much success. Quite honestly, he seems like a player without a position. He's not a guy who can run an offense from up top. He isn't a difference-maker on the defensive end like Rideau was - creating turnovers and easy transition baskets. You can't rely on him to make free throws at the end of a game to close it out. He doesn't shoot it with enough range or consistently enough to be an off guard or a small forward. If he had stayed and continued at PG, it's highly unlikely that he would have made a mark or even been considered among the school's top 10 to play the position. 

A player without a position is absolutely spot on, a guard that can’t shoot Free throws and the 3 is a liability in some instances. We really only have about 4 guys that should even be at this level and he was one of them, this is really the only reason why some of us are disappointed.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, smazza said:

that is what you call it!!!!!!

there is no style

there is no motion

and there is no offense

and we arent princeton

Begging your pardon, I believe CBG stated he is running a Princeton Offense (I have neither the link nor the citation)

I do however agree on all of your points - on most offensive sets this past season, our players tended to run in ineffective circles, looking more like the Harlem Globetrotter’s three man weave as opposed to some sort of offense that could score points 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469