• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brian Gregory "news"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Brian Gregory will be our coach next year.

Buzz kill ...

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I've heard the stories about reasons why Pitino might take this job from people not in Athletics but should know. But have heard from people in the program not to expect any changes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

58 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I've heard the stories about reasons why Pitino might take this job from people not in Athletics but should know. But have heard from people in the program not to expect any changes.

Pitino would be an instant shot of optimism and excitement and I could not care any less about his personal issues. I also do not expect us to hire him.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

What a shame.  To keep CBG around for another year will just about kill off what little support is left for MBB.

Edited by El_Toro_86

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

To keep CBG around for another year will just about kill off what little support is left for MBB.

It will probably kill off some support that's left but there will still be some hopeful masochists hanging on ...

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Examples ..... ?

Maybe if Pitino personally pays his Iona buyout or some boosters put some money where their mouths are does this make any sense of becoming a reality ...... or if somehow his son is involved as a successor maybe.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

20 hours ago, BullShirt said:

Long time reader, first time poster and I may end up being the shortest (time, not height) member of this board. 

We have been MBB season ticket holders since they renovated the Dome years ago.  We have decided that it's personal now.  Either Brian Gregory goes or we go.  Tired of this crap.

My nephew coaches college basketball (head coach).  They made the tourney this year.  I spoke to him a while back and asked what he thought about USF MBB.  He just laughed and said "inconsistent, undisciplined, erratic and poorly coached".  This from a guy that played in a Final Four and an Elite 8 and has been coaching college basketball for almost 10 years.  He knows the game.

Plus, I can't help but think that after putting up with this crap for almost 10 year that "IF" USF would suddenly get a good coach and have a good season or two that they would immediately raise ticket prices AND require a big "contribution" to the university for the "privilege" of buying season tickets.  There would be NO CONSIDERATION for people like us that have been season tickets holders for SEVERAL horrible, losing seasons.

Like I said, it's Gregory or US................and when we're gone, we're gone forever and we will never come back not that I expect anyone here to care.

And yes, I have strongly voiced my opinion with the athletic department.  I told them why I didn't think Orlando Antigua was a good choice and I told them why I didn't think Brian Gregory was a good choice either.  We also go to some football games.  I told them why I didn't think Charlie Strong was a good choice and I also told them why I didn't think Jeff Scott was a good choice (and still don't).

I know, I know.  I'm just full of happiness and sunshine.  But like I said at the beginning, I may end up being the shortest (time, not height) member of this board.

Could you talk your nephew into taking the job? How's his record?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It will probably kill off some support that's left but there will still be some hopeful masochists hanging on ...

thats-me-loki.gif

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Given the size of the in-game discussion threads this season, I think that it is safe to say that only the masochists are left

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Given the size of the in-game discussion threads this season, I think that it is safe to say that only the masochists are left

That is true, a couple of times I responded to my own comments because I was only the only poster.   In my defense I couldn’t help myself because they were so spot on. 

• Haha 1