• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of OCS Interest

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

52 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So, not so good to be in the first-class cabin, huh?

A little turbulent for sure 😀

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

32 minutes ago, E.T. said:

That first paragraph made me smile :) 

Yes.  It clearly states the intent to make this happen.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Seems like you might already have renderings when you get an invitation to negotiate. Guess we'll find out Wednesday

22-0606-s2p-pompano-beach-800x600-1.jpg

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. /Massachusetts Newswire - National News/ -- The City of Pompano Beach (City) and the Pompano Beach Community Redevelopment Agency...

Gu

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-mtblog-2010-03-stadium_financing_101_nugget_o-story.html

So when FAU got their stadium built it sounds like bids we're submitted for an ITN and then they had to select one. 

Anyway, the stadium financing bid proposal is 00E563, and the bids were for ITN – Invitation To Negotiate. But you already knew that.

FAU received three bids for the stadium financing, three for something called trustee services, and all were shortlisted so negotiations can begin ASAP. That was the action taken this A.M.

Once negotiations with FAU are complete, each vendor will be asked to submit a BAFO – Best And Final Offer. FAU picks one of those, and, boom, you have a stadium.

Reading that agenda letter it sounds like we are going to be selecting an ITN at the board of trustees meeting, which would mean it already exists. Doesn't make sense to hype up a board of trustees meeting to just be like "yeah we need to go find an ITN", would make more sense to select one at a meeting. Especially a meeting that you decided to rent out the MSC ballroom for, as compared to the last couple BOT meeting being over zoom...

Here is an ITN for an FSU project and it looks pretty detailed: https://arenadistrict.fsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/itn-5750-1-arena-district-hotel-convention-post-addendum-4.pdf

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,898
  • Days Won:  33

19 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Yes.  It clearly states the intent to make this happen.

Just curious as to why anyone would think it wasn't going to happen.

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

Just curious as to why anyone would think it wasn't going to happen.

John:  I think its just based on all the heart-breaking things that have happened since the BE dissolved...I am just used to having my hopes be crushed to the point where I expect it to happen now.  I guess I'm afraid that I'll go all-in on the stadium hope and then some priority will come up that will postpone it or stop it.  A few wins on the field would help to cure my pessimism.  Oh, and watching the IPF go up (and it looks really good) is helping, too.

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

Stadium is the top priority now.

I know some people posted that they thought renderings would be "leaked" ahead of next Wednesday and I saw that as wishful thinking.

We have to do this right the first time and there is so much planning that goes into this, which is apparent in what Ricky posted earlier.

Thank you.  I like hearing this.  We certainly don't want to f it up on some technicality.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, bulloni said:

Seems like you might already have renderings when you get an invitation to negotiate. Guess we'll find out Wednesday

22-0606-s2p-pompano-beach-800x600-1.jpg

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. /Massachusetts Newswire - National News/ -- The City of Pompano Beach (City) and the Pompano Beach Community Redevelopment Agency...

Gu

6 hours ago, bulloni said:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-mtblog-2010-03-stadium_financing_101_nugget_o-story.html

So when FAU got their stadium built it sounds like bids we're submitted for an ITN and then they had to select one. 

Reading that agenda letter it sounds like we are going to be selecting an ITN at the board of trustees meeting, which would mean it already exists. Doesn't make sense to hype up a board of trustees meeting to just be like "yeah we need to go find an ITN", would make more sense to select one at a meeting. Especially a meeting that you decided to rent out the MSC ballroom for, as compared to the last couple BOT meeting being over zoom...

Here is an ITN for an FSU project and it looks pretty detailed: https://arenadistrict.fsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/itn-5750-1-arena-district-hotel-convention-post-addendum-4.pdf

Honestly, this is about what I'd expect. We're not going to get exact renderings of what the stadium will look like. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a general rendering of how we imagine it will look after design, showing it in the chosen location and the surrounding area. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they held this meeting and all we got out of it is "Yep, we're building a stadium. We'll go find a firm now and get back to you in a year."

As Bulloni pointed out, the meeting is being held in the Marshall Center ballroom instead of over Teams, so I highly doubt we come out of this meeting with just hopes and wishes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

4 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

John:  I think its just based on all the heart-breaking things that have happened since the BE dissolved...I am just used to having my hopes be crushed to the point where I expect it to happen now.  I guess I'm afraid that I'll go all-in on the stadium hope and then some priority will come up that will postpone it or stop it.  A few wins on the field would help to cure my pessimism.  Oh, and watching the IPF go up (and it looks really good) is helping, too.

Yeah it's been a total crap show.  I just want to see the wins start trending up as we "build" up to this new facility.  If so, it will come together nicely and it is off to the races with a new identity on campus.