• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring game announced

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Spring game in the grand scheme of things means nothing, if we look good bad or indifferent it really does not matter, I am glad I missed it. 

Very true. Cade Fortin looked great in last years Spring Game and we know how he turned out in September.  Good or bad, nothing really matters in the Spring 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

Spring Game doesn’t tell you much. The offense and defense are split among two teams, so you really aren’t seeing the first string of either. I liked it better when they had First String Offense all in one team facing First String Defense on the other side

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Key takeaways from game.

Wish more USF football games had a running clock.

Timmy didnt look like a qb that has taken a big step in play...granted I think he was missing a few key receivers.  Marsh had a few nice passes...will be a interesting summer camp at qb position.

Defense did look more aggressive I liked that.  

Matos at DE could be interesting. Raw but has a bunch of upside with good coaching.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Best Spring Game Ever!!!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

The game was about what I expected it to be.  Highlight for me was getting BJ Daniels, Matt Grothe and Kayvon Webster's autographs.  The halftime alumni game was nice touch.   Hopefully, they continue that every year.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Key takeaways from game.

Wish more USF football games had a running clock.

Timmy didnt look like a qb that has taken a big step in play...granted I think he was missing a few key receivers.  Marsh had a few nice passes...will be a interesting summer camp at qb position.

Defense did look more aggressive I liked that.  

Matos at DE could be interesting. Raw but has a bunch of upside with good coaching.

Spring games are tough for running quarterbacks, since they are whistled dead the moment that they are touched, whereas in a real game, they would extend the play and make something happen

Since mobility is a major part of Timmy’s game, it is hard to judge much from this performance

I do think that Marsh looked better than McClain today - hopefully CJS comes out of the Spring with a clear #1, so that they can spend summer camp dialing in the offense 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Spring game in the grand scheme of things means nothing, if we look good bad or indifferent it really does not matter, I am glad I missed it. 

We decided to pass on the game to attend a Walk the Moon concert at Busch Gardens. Believe this to be my transitioning to life without USF football. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I was surprised by the attendance. Has an official count be announced?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Spring games are tough for running quarterbacks, since they are whistled dead the moment that they are touched, whereas in a real game, they would extend the play and make something happen

Since mobility is a major part of Timmy’s game, it is hard to judge much from this performance

I do think that Marsh looked better than McClain today - hopefully CJS comes out of the Spring with a clear #1, so that they can spend summer camp dialing in the offense 

This entire season rests on timmy elevating his game. i know its the spring game, but i havent seen much that tell me he has gotten that much better.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

19 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This entire season rests on timmy elevating his game. i know its the spring game, but i havent seen much that tell me he has gotten that much better.

You won’t see that in a Spring game where he isn’t working with first string. We won’t find out until that opener vs BYU. Hopefully he has improved and so have the backups to push him or even take over if needed.

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 1