• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls will have open competition for QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Looking at Byrum Brown's recruiting profile...oof. Hopefully he is a diamond in the rough, but if he ends up the season being our starter, then it might be CJS's last year.

No way McClain isn't the starter week one.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Contradicting yourself, does he have 4 int’s or 3? Did you see the picks?  He locks in on his first option and telegraphs his passes.  He played in an historically weak conference and had the benefit of two big P5 receivers with speed getting plenty of separation and a top 50 RB to open up the RPO, he may have simply been the beneficiary of superior talent that lifted him up, not much interest in him from other schools for a reason.  

4 ints is still awesome. His division had TWO NATIONALLY RANKED teams, but it's whatever man. Feel how you want to feel about him .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Interesting thread about BB on a Syracuse forum. OP is apparently a Cuse fan affiliated somehow with Brown's high school ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

4 ints is still awesome. His division had TWO NATIONALLY RANKED teams, but it's whatever man. Feel how you want to feel about him .

I don’t feel anything about the kid, do something on the field against D1 talent and I will hoist him on my shoulders and parade him up and down Fowler Ave.  Did he play and or beat the two Nationally ranked teams?  If not it is irrelevant, he may be good, maybe his rainbow passes will get feasted on, who the **** knows, I hope you are right about him but I will wait before I anoint him the man.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Is this a good time to point out that CJS is our 6th best coach ?

It is always a good time. I didn't know you had such a low opinion of CJS.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Here's an example. Imagine a pitcher who was All-State, went 10-2 with a 1.50 ERA, had a 115 Ks in 77 innings in Broward County at a school in the highest public school classification that was national top 10. Also won the MVP award at the Starter Classic (lol... that tells you when this was, since Starter sponsoring a tournament is hilarious today, but was something in the 90s). That's a guy, right? Nope. That was me. HS stats mean almost nothing. Every guy we recruit was awesome in HS. Every guy anyone recruits to play college football was awesome. EVERY guy I played with was the best player on their team in HS. Every infielder was the SS and every OF was the CF. Every pitcher on my team was the ace where they came from. Hell, I had two guys on my team who were player of the year in FL the 1-3a and 4-6a classifications. We were still a middle of the pack D2 team. Everyone needs to let go of HS stats as any indicator of college performance. Doesn't mean he will be good AND it doesn't mean he will be bad. But, looking at HS and thinking that matters for us is silly.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It is always a good time. I didn't know you had such a low opinion of CJS.

I mean it can’t be that bad I did put him in the top 6, also they got the syllabus but he and VPMK seem to not understand the assignment. The same way they should think ill of me if I was judging them as a failures for winning 15 games they should think it wrong if I judged them as being successful while having one of the worst records in college football history and the worst here bar none. You play to win the games that’s it, that’s not the most important thing that’s the only thing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Agree with some comments above. McC has yet to show he is a top level D-1 QB. Yes, lots of variables can be stated that had negative effect on his chances to make good plays. Marsh oddly, is the most senior QB we have and yep again, he showed little to no improvement last year. I got the feeling last season that CJS was "all in" on McC and possibly had blinders on when it came to the other QB's. Now, we have some high school contenders, are they talented enough to take on the D-1 world?? Stay tuned...were still in the "who know's" world of USF football. 

CJS was actually all in on Cade.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, BDYZR said:

"Each year is a new year. There's no returning starters in our mind as coaches."

GO BULLS!

I wish our AD had this mentality when it comes to coaches. I guess Scott doesn't buy into stability over performance.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, CycleBull said:

CJS was actually all in on Cade.

So you are saying he can't evaluate or develop his own talent in brings in?  Thay explains alot about the oassing game and defensive coordinator the last two seasons.Cade looked awful and so did the whole team to be fair .

Edited by Outlaw