• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls will have open competition for QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Is this a good time to point out that CJS is our 6th best coach ?

That stat is pretty impressive, considering USF has only had 5 head coaches😃

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

That stat is pretty impressive, considering USF has only had 5 head coaches😃

False you are leaving off the most illustrious coach we have in terms of winning percentage 

Edited by puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

False you are leaving off the most illustrious coach we have in terms of winning percentage

Ah, T.J., we could have used your brilliance in the seasons to come.

3 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Ah, T.J., we could have used your brilliance in the seasons to come.

Best overall record, best bowl record and tied for second in bowl victories. There should be statues of this man and tales of his heroics should be told to young Bulls fans but alas he is forgotten so that we can tell the tale of the little coach’s son that couldn’t. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Best overall record, best bowl record and tied for second in bowl victories. There should be statues of this man and tales of his heroics should be told to young Bulls fans but alas he is forgotten so that we can tell the tale of the little coach’s son that couldn’t. 

I do stand corrected - thank you for pointing out the egregious error on my part👌

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I do stand corrected - thank you for pointing out the egregious error on my part👌

It was a grievous error and grievously TJ hath answered It. The losing one does lives after them the wins are often interred with their bones so let this be for TJ. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

He was not recruited by anyone of note, runs a 4.8, not bad but not sure how elusive he is.  Decent length and slight, avg arm from what I can tell.  Overall not all that excited about him, hope he proves me wrong.  Marsh showed very little progress YOY and not sure he is more than a big kid with a big arm and no accuracy with poor decision making.  I still think our best bet is Timmy if he can develop YOY, athletic skills are Q esque. if he doesn’t then we are in for a **** show once again. 

Have you seen his film? Do you know his stats? You are pulling negativity out your a$$ now lol He took his team to the playoffs in a division that has 2 Nationally ranked teams. But go ahead and not be impressed. 41td and ONLY 4 interceptions?  CJS mentioned his named him for a reason. 

Byrum Brown:

1. 14 Games
  2. Completed 224-329 Passes Thrown
  3. 3481 Passing yards
  4. .681 percentage
  5. 41 td/ 3 int
  6. Rushing Yards -  1108  with 13 RUSHING TDs (Buddy had (5) 100+ yard rushing games)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Have you seen his film? Do you know his stats? You are pulling negativity out your a$$ now lol He took his team to the playoffs in a division that has 2 Nationally ranked teams. But go ahead and not be impressed. 41td and ONLY 4 interceptions?  CJS mentioned his named him for a reason. 

Byrum Brown:

1. 14 Games
  2. Completed 224-329 Passes Thrown
  3. 3481 Passing yards
  4. .681 percentage
  5. 41 td/ 3 int
  6. Rushing Yards -  1108  with 13 RUSHING TDs (Buddy had (5) 100+ yard rushing games)

Contradicting yourself, does he have 4 int’s or 3? Did you see the picks?  He locks in on his first option and telegraphs his passes.  He played in an historically weak conference and had the benefit of two big P5 receivers with speed getting plenty of separation and a top 50 RB to open up the RPO, he may have simply been the beneficiary of superior talent that lifted him up, not much interest in him from other schools for a reason.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

At this point, neither of you are wrong.  I guess we'll find when the season starts.....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

At this point, neither of you are wrong.  I guess we'll find when the season starts.....

Actually I probably am, he accused me of speaking out of my ass so I figured I would get my money’s worth 😀. I only watched the clip in this thread, no idea if he can ball or not but certainly don’t give a **** about some stats from a high school in Wake Forest. No idea if he had talent around him or not but the interest he received from D1 schools was Luke warm at best.  You are right though we shall see.