• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are signs that the team has actually improved during the offseason?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

12 minutes ago, hm101 said:

We did objectively improve last year from the year before, not only in terms of wins but in many statistical categories. We also improved offensively over the course of the season.

Whether you like how much we improved or not is up to you. But the improvement is an objective fact.

Definitely. Jeff Scott's first team was the worst team in program history. I'd argue last years team was better than Willie's first 2 teams here. I'm not hopeful Jeff Scott has the same year 3 turnaround that Willie did but I think 6-6 is well within play

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Definitely. Jeff Scott's first team was the worst team in program history. I'd argue last years team was better than Willie's first 2 teams here. I'm not hopeful Jeff Scott has the same year 3 turnaround that Willie did but I think 6-6 is well within play

At first look, I thought that was kind of crazy talk but then checked and although the passing game was about the same, the running was a lot better last year, as was the scoring, from CWT's second year. Bottom line, some things improved last year from 2020 and some things didn't, but the only thing that really matters is the win column and most of us hope and pray the needle continues to move up, at a little more urgent pace than last year, though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Frankly, in the past after abysmal seasons I have not understood what people were seeing that made them so confident the following season was going to be a success.  But then I guess hope, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. 

Just the way some fans are wired, hope springs eternalno matter what. Personally, I rarely put much stock, one way or the other, in off season stuff and look forward to USF sports seasons with anticipation rather than expectation ........ save one year. Going into our first year in one of the premier college hoops conferences with a walk-on pg I expected disaster ............... and wasn't disappointed.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

On 2/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, USFRaider said:

My advice for all is to not buy into any of the off-season hype. Everything is going to sound great during Spring Ball and the Jeff Scott coach-speak will be out in full force. It’s easy to get caught up in the hope and the hype. 

Personally, I may allow some hope to creep in if we can look respectable on September 3rd against BYU. If we pull another Wisconsin/Notre Dame/NC State type of game in the opener………forget it 

Almost choked on my morning coffee.

I come into every season hoping for undefeated, expecting something less, praying that I'm not embarrassed to talk USF football.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

When the season starts and they start playing football...then we will know...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

When the season starts and they start playing football...then we will know...

If they don't embarrass themselves against BYU, then I would consider that improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, bulloni said:

I like Scott, but in Willie's favor he had the recruiting to catapult them into being a good offensive team. Maybe(please god) the plan with transfers will fill that gap?

Willie hit on all cylinders with QB, RB and WR all developing in sync. Right now we just need McClain to develop, but that is obviously a major hurdle.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I expect us to be awful yet again.

CJS doesn't do it for me.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I expect us to be awful yet again.

CJS doesn't do it for me.

I am sure he is not only saddened by your position but completely heartbroken…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

20 hours ago, puc86 said:

If I hire you to manage your investments and you give me $40,000 then in year one I get you down to $10k and in year two I get you back to $20k would you consider that improvement or would you be questioning wtf you were thinking when you hired me and just hoping to get back to sniffing distance of you initial investment so that you can bail and find someone that doesn’t lose almost all your money and then take 4 years to get back to the money you gave them to begin with?

But if the guy I hired before you brought me down from $150,000 to $40,000 I might have some patience with you.