• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Urban come to USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

This is what most fans here want. A bunch of feel good losers. I was passed we based on Kiffin when we had the chance.

WE might have had a chance on Kiffin and that ship has sailed . Myers would never come here because we can't afford to pay him anything near what it will take.  I really don't care what fans and players think of the coach. I don't care if he caters to the players or fans, but I want a guy that is  a winner that is respected by his accomplishments not by his talk off the field. I want a guy that wins and players want to play for. Sometimes coaches can be really strict and " mean" but the players that develop under them love them. See Saban for an example.  Can you be a nice guy with good character and a successful football coach? Sure, but it seems most of the best coaches have certain qualities that offended some people.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

WE might have had a chance on Kiffin and that ship has sailed . Myers would never come here because we can't afford to pay him anything near what it will take.  I really don't care what fans and players think of the coach. I don't care if he caters to the players or fans, but I want a guy that is  a winner that is respected by his accomplishments not by his talk off the field. I want a guy that wins and players want to play for. Sometimes coaches can be really strict and " mean" but the players that develop under them love them. See Saban for an example.  Can you be a nice guy with good character and a successful football coach? Sure, but it seems most of the best coaches have certain qualities that offended some people.

I think you and a few others are falsely equating two very different things. I would venture to say the ratio of successful "nice guy" coaches who have experienced sustained success is much higher than "unlikable" coaches. I'd even go out on a limb to say there are a lot more unsuccessful "unlikable" coaches as opposed to successful ones.

I don't want short term success. I want a legitimate G5 or where ever we end up, dynasty. I want this thing built right. I don't want success that is only sustainable due to 1 player or 1 coach. I believe CJS is truly doing something worth the time and effort. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

22 hours ago, Selvie said:

Urban wins. Y’all sit here and Stan a guy that’s won 3 games in 2 years. FOH. This ain’t no troll. Tired watching my team get there a$$ whooped every week. Culture? Stop that ****

open-graph-image-newfunnel.png

Grammarly makes sure everything you type is easy to read, effective, and...

it's free... May want to use it

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

This is what most fans here want. A bunch of feel good losers. I was passed we based on Kiffin when we had the chance.

Were you trying to say it was 'boss we pissed on Kiffin when we had the chance'?  😁

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

8 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

This is what most fans here want. A bunch of feel good losers.

Most fans here want to win. The fact that most don't whine like little babies when we aren't doesn't make us feel good losers.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

Since we are taking about D-Bag coaches with no morals or ethics, why hasn’t anyone mentioned Bobby Petrino?

He is just hanging out in the Missouri Valley Conference waiting for a call

I am sure that he would be happy to come to Florida, where the weather is warm, the motorcycle paths are abundant and the potential passengers plentiful 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Since we are taking about D-Bag coaches with no morals or ethics, why hasn’t anyone mentioned Bobby Petrino?

Trying to forget about him ....? Personally, I think he may be one of the biggest of them all for quitting on the Falcons (although no love lost for them) the way he did.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We always knew Urban was slimy, it has now been confirmed.  I didn't really think he would abuse his players, but it doesn't surprise me.  

Even if we were able to secure his services, which we could certainly not afford anytime soon, I wouldn't want him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

Champions never complain . . . they are too busy getting better.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

Urban Meyer called the kicker 'kicker' and then kicked the kicker.