• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bob Shoop hired as DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If he can make it 2 seasons at Vandy he can make it anywhere!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

He went from a DC in 2019 to a position coach in 2020 to an off field assistant in 2021.  What gives?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good luck coach. Do well

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He went from a DC in 2019 to a position coach in 2020 to an off field assistant in 2021.  What gives?

exactly... if he is so great, why has no one has picked him up for DC in 2 years?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  405
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Surprised they didn’t wait to announce until after the Oklahoma bowl. Either way this is a huge coup. 

Not the guy you're thinking of

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

Some insight on his way of doing things.

8677539.jpg

Bob Shoop is expected to join Miami's football staff this offseason. We take a closer look at his philosophies and his recent success.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

2019 his boss got sacked, probably took a job out of desperation in 2020, and then decided to go to Miami to figure out his life. Hopefully he can put things together and have a good run here. Seems like a safe hire, so we don’t have a coach in waiting

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Can someone explain to me why this was the choice? Just curious what he offers that set him as the guy?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Some insight on his way of doing things.

8677539.jpg

Bob Shoop is expected to join Miami's football staff this offseason. We take a closer look at his philosophies and his recent success.

“It is going to be personnel driven, rather than scheme driven…You try to tailor your scheme to what your players can do,” Shoop said at Mississippi State

“I believe in a defense that is in your face,” Shoop said. “A defense that is built on relentless pursuit and never ending pressure…The things that are important to me are having the ability to stop the run, having the ability to eliminate chunk plays, and have the ability to create takeaways or be disruptive with tackles for loss and sacks….We want to hunt the ball with everything we are doing. That is the mindset I want for my guys.”

“My base is more out of a four down lineman look,"

music to my ears

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

“I believe in a defense that is in your face,” Shoop said. “A defense that is built on relentless pursuit and never ending pressure…The things that are important to me are having the ability to stop the run, having the ability to eliminate chunk plays, and have the ability to create takeaways or be disruptive with tackles for loss and sacks….We want to hunt the ball with everything we are doing. That is the mindset I want for my guys.”

Much like Manny Diaz, Shoop primarily wants his defense to work out of a four defensive lineman front, but he understands that defending the modern spread offense requires position flexibility and athleticism.

“My base is more out of a four down lineman look, but with a lot of three or four receivers on the field these days, teams are playing a lot more nickel concepts,” Shoop said. “That doesn’t mean I am against going to a 3-4 look at times and doing different things with unique athletes.”

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1