• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where is the IPF located?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 11/22/2021 at 1:36 PM, E.T. said:

Many don't tailgate.

Are you kidding? It's the only thing that's made the last decade of USF football palatable. Hell yeah we tailgate. 😁

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

I'm using this for informational purposes, but UCF has a pretty good logistical plan for parking on gamedays.  The gold and lime shaded areas are strictly gameday pass only. Blue and purple are in a free zone.

CF Parking Map 2021

I could see something like this used where the immediate lots near the stadium would be paid pass but as you proceed towards the library and westward could be free areas.  The northeast park of campus around the corner of Genshaft and Holly could be mostly resident as it is now.

USF Tampa Campus Parking Map

That is not one of their school colors.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,587
  • Days Won:  29

On 11/19/2021 at 2:55 PM, E.T. said:

Athletic Facilities

USF Unveils Plans for $40M Indoor Practice Facility, Football Center

USF moving forward with plans to build indoor practice facility | WFLA

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, E.T. said:

USF Unveils Plans for $40M Indoor Practice Facility, Football Center

USF moving forward with plans to build indoor practice facility | WFLA

Gonna build that many square feet in 8-9 months?? Hmm? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Gonna build that many square feet in 8-9 months?? Hmm? 

I think that's the football center. The IPF is much smaller. I think. 

7 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I think that's the football center. The IPF is much smaller. I think. 

For a football field to fit inside plus everything associated. Don't know size proposed for USF but some avg sizes are from 80,000sq ft to 115,000. I assume there will be a full field and not just 50 yd deal. Looking around at other schools projects the 100,000sq ft looks like and average and 18 months to build. Height? depends on what sports will be using it?? It takes 9-10 months to build a residential project so....But, on USF Athletics Instagram today is a pic of dozer sitting ready...all it needs is a butt in the seat. Maybe they will go dig in the dirt soon...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

For a football field to fit inside plus everything associated. Don't know size proposed for USF but some avg sizes are from 80,000sq ft to 115,000. I assume there will be a full field and not just 50 yd deal. Looking around at other schools projects the 100,000sq ft looks like and average and 18 months to build. Height? depends on what sports will be using it?? It takes 9-10 months to build a residential project so....But, on USF Athletics Instagram today is a pic of dozer sitting ready...all it needs is a butt in the seat. Maybe they will go dig in the dirt soon...

I think these things are mostly steel buildings like warehouses and stuff.  I think they go up faster than traditional concrete or block buildings.  But I'm not an architect or construction engineer, I just play one on TV.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think these things are mostly steel buildings like warehouses and stuff.  I think they go up faster than traditional concrete or block buildings.  But I'm not an architect or construction engineer, I just play one on TV.

I think you're right.  Definitely mostly a steel structure. 

The Buccaneers built their IPF a few years ago in the span of an offseason I believe.

Edited by bull2saintleo

15 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Those numbers/build times are taken from a cross section of similar college projects. My life pursuit after retiring the 1st time was developing commercial sites using buildings from Southern Structures (metal building pckgs) in SW FL w/ a partner. We would do a 12,000 sq ft building w/ 16' ridge height, no interior finishes just basic elec-plumb. It would take on avg about 5-6 months from site prep to completion (CO) w/ steady activity. These would be small projects compared to USF's building. It will be "much larger-higher-prettier" inside and out. Maybe they have someone ( I know they have a friend of USF as mgr) who will get this thing in gear and cranked out. Recent construction the last few years has gotten pretty slow since subs have been rung out with work and manpower problems. Be interesting to watch this project as it moves forward. 

• Upvote 1