• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where is the IPF located?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

My understanding is the wooded area can't be touched. It might be possible if the circle is shifted to include the intramural softball fields.

The current rumor involves the track stadium and surrounding area. From the feasibility study, the closest location to athletics was Fowler Fields but there's a sense that that's not going to be it.

That's correct... the wooded area at the north end wouldn't be in consideration.... that said, the 2 fields there would give plenty of footprint for a stadium. They could theoretically leave all of the trees there. From a logistics standpoint that's a bad location though. Having it at the track site probably offers the best parking and also puts it close to the dorms... would probably give the best game day atmosphere. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

46 minutes ago, Southshore26 said:

That's correct... the wooded area at the north end wouldn't be in consideration.... that said, the 2 fields there would give plenty of footprint for a stadium. They could theoretically leave all of the trees there. From a logistics standpoint that's a bad location though. Having it at the track site probably offers the best parking and also puts it close to the dorms... would probably give the best game day atmosphere. 

The track stadium was built for special Olympics, I wonder if USF is tied into maintaining that stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

58 minutes ago, Southshore26 said:

Because it isn't close enough to the Athletic Center or practice fields?  I'm not familiar with where all this stuff is on campus.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Because it isn't close enough to the Athletic Center or practice fields?  I'm not familiar with where all this stuff is on campus.

There's less parking there.

The location of the track stadium is the best for distance from the dorms and access to parking. Yuengling Center parking to the south and a ton of student parking just across the street to the west.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

25 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

The location of the track stadium is the best for distance from the dorms and access to parking. Yuengling Center parking to the south and a ton of student parking just across the street to the west.

I figured parking was the issue.  I have mixed feeling about this.  If you've gone to a Rutgers game there are very few lots near the stadium and you have to take a bus.  Ended up parking in a dorm lot they closed to student parking, IIRC.  There are going to be some people walking a half mile (maybe more) to get to an OCS at USF unless parking garages are built which probably aren't affordable if this gets done at all.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

unless parking garages are built which probably aren't affordable if this gets done at all.  

wouldn't be surprised if garages are involved in the plan, at least across the street next to all those dorms. worst case a half mile drunk walk through campus is well worth having an OCS

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

I can foresee a parking garage(s) built on the surface lots to the west and south of the YC that would be a short walk to the track site and would preclude having to cross any roadways.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I figured parking was the issue.  I have mixed feeling about this.  If you've gone to a Rutgers game there are very few lots near the stadium and you have to take a bus.  Ended up parking in a dorm lot they closed to student parking, IIRC.  There are going to be some people walking a half mile (maybe more) to get to an OCS at USF unless parking garages are built which probably aren't affordable if this gets done at all.  

As soon as the stadium is on campus parking will be an issue. But this is true for every major university. As you noted Rutgers…I still go to UGA games when visiting relatives and it’s like Mad Max in scrambling for a space. But that is life in college football. I would suspect that parking will be provided based on donation levels for stadium proximity proximity. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As soon as the stadium is on campus parking will be an issue. But this is true for every major university. As you noted Rutgers…I still go to UGA games when visiting relatives and it’s like Mad Max in scrambling for a space. But that is life in college football. I would suspect that parking will be provided based on donation levels for stadium proximity proximity. 

mad max GIF

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I can foresee a parking garage(s) built on the surface lots to the west and south of the YC that would be a short walk to the track site and would preclude having to cross any roadways.

Unless something has changed... The lots south of the YC were slated to become garages in the masterplan.