• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where is the IPF located?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

Track was last renovated in 2008 . . . previously in 1989 & 1998. Built in 1978.

Tennis Courts built in 1977 with last updates in 1996.

Maybe this is where the Football OCS will be located?

New Track and Tennis along in the budget?

I think this is the stuff delaying an announcement. They may know they want to build the OCS at the track site. But then you have to decide where to move the track stadium. Then you also need to decide what should be done with the space surrounding the stadium and if the tennis courts need to be moved as well, and if so where. Then if the football ops center is being combined with the stadium you need to decide how to orient those together.

People are impatient for an announcement, but these are all decisions that even when you have a consensus on what to do there's probably some red tape to actually get them approved. Then who knows how long it takes to make renderings of all this.

Disclaimer: I know nothing, just guessing based on the magnitude of a project like this it makes sense we may have to wait a few more months before we see some official plans.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

But then you have to decide where to move the track stadium.

And thou shalt NOT put track in the football stadium.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

From 2017 . . . is HOK building our IPF?

USF is also looking at building a indoor practice facility and football complex to go with their existing practice fields. Harlan says they've hired the Kansas City office of design and architecture firm HOK to assist with the project. 

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I think this is the stuff delaying an announcement. They may know they want to build the OCS at the track site. But then you have to decide where to move the track stadium. Then you also need to decide what should be done with the space surrounding the stadium and if the tennis courts need to be moved as well, and if so where. Then if the football ops center is being combined with the stadium you need to decide how to orient those together.

People are impatient for an announcement, but these are all decisions that even when you have a consensus on what to do there's probably some red tape to actually get them approved. Then who knows how long it takes to make renderings of all this.

Disclaimer: I know nothing, just guessing based on the magnitude of a project like this it makes sense we may have to wait a few more months before we see some official plans.

Plus the track was last renovated with the help of Hillsborough County because of the Florida Special Olympics.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

It will not happen until it happens.   Basically, they should be tearing up ground now.  

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I know at one point (maybe 5 or so year ago) there was a master plan for campus that had what appeared to be the outline of a stadium in the south parking lots of the Yeungling Center.  It rerouted the stretch of Alumni Drive between Genshaft and Bull Run.  Am I imagining this or was it a thing?

The area around the track stadium would make sense, but like others have said it would require some other pieces to shift around.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:22 PM, Rizman said:

It will not happen until it happens.   Basically, they should be tearing up ground now.  

Expecting in 1 week.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't really followed all the OCS studies and rumors over the years, but it seems like this would be a good spot, no?

Screenshot_20211121-200536-picsay.png

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I haven't really followed all the OCS studies and rumors over the years, but it seems like this would be a good spot, no?

Screenshot_20211121-200536-picsay.png

My understanding is the wooded area can't be touched. It might be possible if the circle is shifted to include the intramural softball fields.

The current rumor involves the track stadium and surrounding area. From the feasibility study, the closest location to athletics was Fowler Fields but there's a sense that that's not going to be it.

• Upvote 1

I heard the original 4 locations will not be the sight. . .