• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HUGE opportunity for USF to make some noise this week.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,541
  • Days Won:  25

Run the ball, run the ball some more, when they stack the line hit them with a slant or PA. WE should be at least a 2/3 running and 1/3 passing attack.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

On 11/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, hm101 said:

We will go up 14-0 early

They will come back in a dogfight 

It will be close in the 4th quarter

But we will hang on for the win

I hope it doesn’t get close at the end. These coaches can’t coach in those situations. We need to go up and never look back. Especially late game we need a nice cushion 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

I admire everyone's confidence and optimism!  I also admire their ability to procure the substances that  make this optimism possible!  :hippy2:

We may very well get Wisconsined tomorrow night.  I'm keeping my expectations low for this season.  Which reminds me - has anyone thought to demand excellence yet?  That might be what's been holding us back.😁

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

I admire everyone's confidence and optimism!  I also admire their ability to procure the substances that  make this optimism possible!  :hippy2:

We may very well get Wisconsined tomorrow night.  I'm keeping my expectations low for this season.  Which reminds me - has anyone thought to demand excellence yet?  That might be what's been holding us back.😁

We have a new culture and this will be the difference.  We lose by 30 but we are making improvements not recognizable on the field or on the scoreboard .  Next year CJS gets cozy with the women’s lacrosse coach and they attend each other’s practice and cheer with enthusiasm.  We only win 3 games but the culture is really beginning to gel, be patient, this is a 10 year plan.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

We have a new culture and this will be the difference.  We lose by 30 but we are making improvements not recognizable on the field or on the scoreboard .  Next year CJS gets cozy with the women’s lacrosse coach and they attend each other’s practice and cheer with enthusiasm.  We only win 3 games but the culture is really beginning to gel, be patient, this is a 10 year plan.

I agree that improvement has not been made in terms of wins and loses but it certainly has relative on the field of play. Now that being said, Friday…will be uglier than a Nebraska Ave hooker.  

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree that improvement has not been made in terms of wins and loses but it certainly has relative on the field of play. Now that being said, Friday…will be uglier than a Nebraska Ave hooker.  

I've watched most of Cinci's games. They are better than us but don't think they are better than Houston.  We get beat by a little less than what Houston would have beaten us by sans kickoff returns.  About 24.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I've watched most of Cinci's games. They are better than us but don't think they are better than Houston.  We get beat by a little less than what Houston would have beaten us by sans kickoff returns.  About 24.

I sure hope you are right. They are trending downward for sure. But all I see is our defense and that worries me. If we cover the point spread I will be happy. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know it has but it is tough to celebrate moral victories against average teams.  I want to get back to being disappointed when we lose.  Those hookers were really rough, can’t imagine paying for that.  

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,457
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, OhioBull said:

Don't post much but wanted to add my 2 cents.  I religiously watch our Bulls and I can definitely say that we are much, much better this year than last year.  When is the last time we were totally out of a game?  When I tune in what I see is a team that is competitive.  We haven't really gotten over the hump but when I watch the games I am seriously entertained and when we get down I know that we will get that big play and the score to stay in it.

In reality, what is happening, is that we are a victim of not having 3 strong units.  The special teams unit has been outstanding.  The offense is young, but talented.  Our youth is making us a bit erratic but we are very talented and next year that unit is going to be lethal.  The defense just cannot consistently stop the other team.  We get off the field occasionally but not very often.  It is just a lack of depth and talent.  There just isn't much that can be done about it.  What this reality does is force us to play for a shoot-out against good teams...similar to what we did against Houston.  The problem is that we can't win in an absolute shoot-out because our offense isn't unstoppable at this point.  Next year...maybe.  Not this year for sure.  So, the reality is, we are going to lose most games against decent teams.  When you can't stop anyone and you can't score yourself with most every possession of the ball then you are going to lose.  That's just the truth.

What's the point?  Enjoy the competitive games this year but don't expect to win too many of them at all.  It isn't going to happen.  Next year and the year after expect to win...and we will.

I have been a Bulls fan for about 50 years and I think you have several potentially good new team mottos in your last couple of sentences:

Next year...maybe.  Not this year for sure. 

So, the reality is, we are going to lose most games against decent teams.  

What's the point? 

It isn't going to happen.

Personally, I keep going and rooting for my Bulls because I don't know no better.