• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott Post Game Presser ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The difference is Kiffin’s dad was a great coach and his son has questionable character but he is also a very good coach. Charlie Weis without Brady is a turd and appears his son is as well.  Brad Scott is garbage and his son is a chip off the old block. If we are going this way, for the love of god go Shannahan and not Ray Perkins or Leeman Bennett, but Holtz didn’t work out either so find somebody young and hungry that has won previously as a HC at a lower level soon or we will be at a level so low that this will not be an option in the near future.

I thought you said that you’d tone it down! 😂🤣😂

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly I don't mind our coaches if we just had top-conference talent beyond the one that is clearly very young on our team.

HOWEVER, the recruiting is suffering. And that is what scares me in term of stagnation in mediocrity. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Honestly I don't mind our coaches if we just had top-conference talent beyond the one that is clearly very young on our team.

HOWEVER, the recruiting is suffering. And that is what scares me in term of stagnation in mediocrity. 

That’s what Seems to be the biggest issue. Coaches are trying to compensate for our lack of talent/depth (of course they’ve made some glaring mistakes along the way) and they’re being reckless in the process. Most of us can see the improvements but we are also seeing these mistakes at a magnified level. 

I’m disappointed in the results so far, but I can see things pick up in recruiting with all the playing time available.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Heard today that  Michigan State has 40 transfers on the roster. Lack of recruiting isn't  the end of a program like it once was.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Heard today that  Michigan State has 40 transfers on the roster. Lack of recruiting isn't  the end of a program like it once was.

There are exceptions but I think the P5 has benefited the most with the portal. Many kids want the P5 opportunity and those in the P5 typically want to stay on that level. Teams like MSU can use this strategy much more effectively than a G5 school…again with some exceptions. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The difference is Kiffin’s dad was a great coach and his son has questionable character but he is also a very good coach. Charlie Weis without Brady is a turd and appears his son is as well.  Brad Scott is garbage and his son is a chip off the old block. If we are going this way, for the love of god go Shannahan and not Ray Perkins or Leeman Bennett, but Holtz didn’t work out either so find somebody young and hungry that has won previously as a HC at a lower level soon or we will be at a level so low that this will not be an option in the near future.

I take exception to someone saying Lane Kiffin has questionable character - he's a businessman like most of us. Lane is a dude kids want to play for week in and week out. He's a brilliant football mind and he keeps the heat off the players by making himself the focus with perfectly timed tweets, etc. Imagine if we hired Kiffin when he was initially available vice going with the affirmative action hire Charlie Strong. I highly doubt we would be where we are presently. Strong literally wrecked the UT football program (you have the pick of the litter with recruiting with the UT brand behind you) and then sunk our team to low enough depths where the Big 12 said, "we can't take your hapless program from the Land of Misfit Toys (AAC)".

In Joey Freshwater I trust.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

31 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I take exception to someone saying Lane Kiffin has questionable character - he's a businessman like most of us. Lane is a dude kids want to play for week in and week out. He's a brilliant football mind and he keeps the heat off the players by making himself the focus with perfectly timed tweets, etc. Imagine if we hired Kiffin when he was initially available vice going with the affirmative action hire Charlie Strong. I highly doubt we would be where we are presently. Strong literally wrecked the UT football program (you have the pick of the litter with recruiting with the UT brand behind you) and then sunk our team to low enough depths where the Big 12 said, "we can't take your hapless program from the Land of Misfit Toys (AAC)".

????? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

exactly.  that's how smu has built their team. give me a transfer from Georgia or Oklahoma or Alabama or UF over a high school 3 star any day.

gettyimages-1271262363-594x594-1.jpg

SMU Plunders Transfer Portal; SMU got the high school recruits it needed in December. The February signing day was to lock in transfers

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are exceptions but I think the P5 has benefited the most with the portal. Many kids want the P5 opportunity and those in the P5 typically want to stay on that level. Teams like MSU can use this strategy much more effectively than a G5 school…again with some exceptions. 

Cincy's RB is a 4 star transfer from Alabama. They got a LB from michigan state. a WR from Arkansas. a WR from Notre Dame. a TE from Michigan State.

SMU built their program with transfers.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

I thought the one and done year at Tennessee was bush league and displayed his lack of character but I agree with the rest of your post.  

• Upvote 1