• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Freakin White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

He held the ball too long in the pocket, especially if you play for USF.

He did, but we just didn't have the O-Line to run that offense, which was just horrible overall. In White's first year here, Taggart tried Mat Floyd, Bobby Eveld, Steven Bench, and White that year, and aside from White against Houston (and even that was a loss), nothing was working. Year two wasn't much better. Happy for him that he was able to get out of here and end up where he is now.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they planning to redshirt White, but just couldn't stomach Floyd, Eveld, or Bench anymore? Floyd was the starter heading into the 2013 season. That dude had a serious problem with fumbling snaps from the center. Bench and Eveld were ineffective. Thought they burned his redshirt out of desperation at that point.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

similar to the tom brady story at michigan

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

16 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Matt Grothe was phenomenal for the program, however I have Q, Blackwell and BJ are all ahead of him all-time. Doesn't do him justice because we peaked as a program during the Grothe years, however we've actually had some very good QB play in our 25 years.

With Q under center his last season, I literally felt like we COULD win every game - the kid was a winner. I believe I'll have that same feeling with Timmy by his senior year if he continues upon his current trajectory (he literally throws a better ball now than Q did his first three years).

With Blackwell under center, I felt he was an excellent game manager even though talent wise, we were clearly outclassed by bigger schools when it came to the two deep. Blackwell rarely made bad decisions on the field.

BJ was the first QB that I felt would rise to the occasion against the big name programs and put the team on his back. Our talent was severely lacking, so it was literally the BJ Daniels show or nothing.   

great analysis of our best qbs

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That game will keep Mike White in the league just a little bit longer 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Somehow White has survived all the cuts and got his chance. He did shine against Bengals his next start will say a lot since teams will have a lot more tape on him. Be interesting. Glad to see one of our fav sons D'Ernest J. score  another TD yesterday in their loss. Hoping he is a solid #2 now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I only remember one play from him playing here and that was a laser TD in Houston. I remember writing on this board during the game thread “looks like we found our QB.” Probably the most wrong I have ever been since I said “I do” at some ceremony 😂

I can empathize with both.  I was at the Houston game and thought he was the one but didn't count on the rest of our offense sucking so bad.  Also made the wrong "the one" call in two prior marriages. Oh well...

5 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Somehow White has survived all the cuts and got his chance. He did shine against Bengals his next start will say a lot since teams will have a lot more tape on him. Be interesting. Glad to see one of our fav sons D'Ernest J. score  another TD yesterday in their loss. Hoping he is a solid #2 now. 

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a solid #2.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I can empathize with both.  I was at the Houston game and thought he was the one but didn't count on the rest of our offense sucking so bad.  Also made the wrong "the one" call in two prior marriages. Oh well...

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a solid #2.

A two time vet in the divorce wars? You sir are an American hero! 😀

Captain America Reaction GIF

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 10/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, USFBulls727 said:
mike_white.0.png

USF added quarterback recruit Mike White Saturday.

LOL.  Sigh.  Reading is fundamental.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,568
  • Days Won:  28

Added him on my fantasy team since Brady has a bye week. D'ernest John has had 2 solid games. Hand down the most fantasy football points Ive ever had from USF players in a season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, mjadams said:

Q was legit for sure but he had an NFL WR one year and 2 NFL RBS to help. I like both.

Grothe  he had a few NFL players on the defensive side of the ball. it’s a team sport & both sides contribute to winning or losing.

Marquell, Matt, BJ & Q are all legendary for different reasons & in different eras.

Blackwell helped propel USF to the big leagues, Grothe & Daniels won us some of our most iconic games while in the BE, Flowers led us to our best season records.

hard to compare them objectively given the different circumstances they played under.

• Go Bulls! 1