• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who called UAB for a stadium tour?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Went to both of those games and had a blast. The stadium and surround neighborhood definitely weren’t the nicest. 

Went to the first one and had a great time, however was butt hurt about the way the senior year went to c and passed,  that was our year, looking back now I regret it.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, E.T. said:

We have about 5,000 season ticket holders . . . not expecting many frills.

That seems like a reasonable of number of grandfathered club seats for those who desire “frills”. The rest (including me at the moment) can deal with bleachers without cup holders and all that. 😅

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, MikeG said:

Can we try to get over this perception that for what-- let's say 6 to 8 games a season-- USF fans cannot be bothered to drive to RJS and instead we need to spend MILLIONS of dollars when our team may or may not be around in 10 years at this rate. 

Ask the Rays how important the location of a stadium is to having fans show up.  They have consistently been one of the top performing teams in MLB since 2008 and have consistently had some of the worst attendance.

And the counterpoint to your argument that the team "may or may not be around in 10 years" is this: If the university does not demonstrate the same level of investment as a C-USA team, how likely is USF to be passed on the next expansion?  There's probably one last round for the Big12 in the future, and if USF misses that boat it *will* be the end of meaningful football at USF.

And look I hate, hate, HATE bleachers.  I also recently upgraded to club level at Ray Jay and oooo boy do I love having an air conditioned place to retreat.  

But an OCS can

- help alumni connect to the university more, leading to higher chance of donations

- help mask embarrassingly low attendance

- provide a real on campus game day experience that good recruits have probably seen from other in state universities

- help on campus students get to the games easier, reducing barriers to higher attendance

- stop diverting money to the TSA/Glaziers

So yeah I'm in favor of it even if the seating absolutely sucks.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Discussing seating options to me is not a debate on whether or not to have an ocs. It implies we have one.  It’s not an either we have improved seating or we don’t have an ocs.   

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, bulloni said:

I mean that hashtag gives it away. Only other possibilities would be Memphis or Temple I suppose.

I hope our stadium looks more like CSU’s than UAB’s though

Agreed. That's not shabby at all for 40K attendance.

csustadium.0.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am really starting to like Chris. If you got a minute listen to this:

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Protective Stadium lacks any kind of unique character. It's as bare-bones a design as it gets. Please USF, aim better than that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A few things from this thread.

Legion Field. Probably done. The bowl game. The Magic City Classic. All that jazz is being pushed to UAB’s new stadium.

Chairback seating. No brainer it will happen. It won’t be the whole stadium, but it will be in plenty of areas. So many schools are converting premium seats from Bleachers to Chairbacks. FSU already has and the Florida just made a similar announcement.

Necessity. The debate for 10-15 years. During that time we’ve seen teams with off campus stadiums or their own stadiums slowly dwindle. Is it necessary? Financially, no. That said, this program is about as dead as you can get. Admin spent years pointing to Raymond James and neglecting the changing landscape of college football. It’s 2021 in Florida and we still lack an indoor practice facility. The trustees watched as the Big 12 grabbed UCF and panicked, undoubtedly. That said, there is that hope that the Big 12 goes bigger. If we’re serious about wanting to be in that discussion we need something more than pointing to the size of our TV market, because that’s what the SunBelt just used as their dynamic in expansion…the Big 12 relied on the  strength and life of their programs as an added qualifier.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Excellent post El Toro, I was in College Station last weekend and due to my lack of planning I was in the student lower section and you are not allowed to sit down at all on these bleacher seats.   My wife and I, and my daughter and friends stood the whole game and waived a towel while we chugged beer with 100k others.   Had a blast and could give two violation about  a cup holder or a seat back.  I am only a few years younger than you but agree with you, bleachers are college football.  

This is the kind of experience we need badly.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if usf was winning ray jay would be just fine

why build a crappy stadium on campus?

if you cant go first class dont go at all

• Upvote 3