• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who called UAB for a stadium tour?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, Brad said:

So was Notre Dame - wooden bleachers.  Are we allowed to prefer wood over aluminum or is it the other way around?  How about turf?  Grass or synthetic?   

if you build a stadium in 2022 or later do it right....no bleachers

sure the drunks in texas dont care!  that should be our standard

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, OnTheBus said:

Protective Stadium lacks any kind of unique character. It's as bare-bones a design as it gets. Please USF, aim better than that.

The bones are good. You can skin the outer walls with all sorts of stuff, frosted glass paneling, etc. and you can design the heck out of the grounds around the stadium. We're on a budget here, but the design can roll in the brand all over the place.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, smazza said:

if usf was winning ray jay would be just fine

why build a crappy stadium on campus?

if you cant go first class dont go at all

Because we're not an NFL team? 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

11 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Agreed. That's not shabby at all for 40K attendance.

csustadium.0.jpg

That's way hotter.  Also, shout out for their color scheme.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, smazza said:

if you build a stadium in 2022 or later do it right....no bleachers

sure the drunks in texas dont care!  that should be our standard

Ok, Let’s spend 5 billion on a stadium similar to the one in LA that houses the Rams and Chargers.  Smazza hasn’t even been to a home game in the past 10 years however we should value his opinion if an OCS is important and what it needs to have.  Steve, you once again have absolutely no idea what you are talking about so do us a favor and refrain from opining on this topic. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Ok, Let’s spend 5 billion on a stadium similar to the one in LA that houses the Rams and Chargers.  Smazza hasn’t even been to a home game in the past 10 years however we should value his opinion if an OCS is important and what it needs to have.  Steve, you once again have absolutely no idea what you are talking about so do us a favor and refrain from opining on this topic. 

This is the fallacy of the feasibility survey.  It was trying to figure out how much luxury our overflowing fanbase could tolerate losing while we ended up losing the fans anyway.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, MikeG said:

I'm just surprised they could get it done knowing that Legion Field is also still surviving somehow. They don't even play the Iron Bowl (Auburn-Bama) there anymore. Just some thing called the Magic City Classic and I guess a bowl game or some concerts.  It is a shame sort of from a tailgating perspective as that place was built to handle thousands of RVs and they sure as heck came. I was shocked when we played Bama there and saw just how many RVs were crammed into the lot next to the stadium. It reminded me of a place we played the year before--- in Little Rock Arkansas to face the Razorbacks-- though Legion field was way bigger and not quite as run down.

I know they lost a huge section of the second level (was that ever fixed or replaced?) but kept playing there as UAB came back to life miraculously.

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

They used to play a few Alabama games every year there, tore the second level down before it fell down.  We own that stadium after being Birmingham bowl champs in Q’s last two years,  place is a dump but I love any stadium we are successful at.  

Do you know who was the last team 'Bama played in Birmingham?

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I go to home games so I guess I can opine on this.

I was asked by our esteemed John Lewis at the game on Saturday what my opinion was. Told him he didn't want to hear it. But he insisted. I really am fine with playing at Ray Jay.  By time a stadium gets built I'll probably be in my mid 70s. Can't imagine sitting out on a Labor Day Saturday with 100+ heat index playing Ga Southern with no air conditioning to get at least some temporary relief.  Who knows if there will be shade involved.

I've sat through most of our hottest games - @FAU, @UF, @FSU, home vs Central (before we had club access), @ Ga Tech and a couple years back (probably forgetting some) and survived all of them.  But that was then.

I will support an OCS when the time comes but can't say I'm in a hurry for it to happen.  Students will tailgate in their apartments and not come into the stadium. All the same excuses will be there.  It's a Saturday noon game and we're hungover. It's a Saturday night game and there are parties to go to. It is a Thursday night and I really have to work or study or watch whatever app has 15 second short attention span videos.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

I can't think of any BCS team that has dropped 2 tiers in conference stature like we have (BE > AAC > AAC 2.0), let alone a downward spiral.

We will never move out of the basement of college football without significant investment in the program. If we do not build an OCS, then start paying players NLI money directly...