• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It has to be said

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, PingBull said:

people actually watch the halftime show?

Some people.  Some people like to get up and get a beer or something when there are 5 minutes left right in the middle of a play and then come back right before halftime right in the middle of a play.  Then I guess they stay for the halftime show.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

21 minutes ago, PingBull said:

people actually watch the halftime show?

Several people come into my section at halftime to see the show. Former band members and parents of current band members are what I've seen most often.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Also if someone doesn't like lines, they may choose to "beat the lines" and go before halftime.  This only makes sense if we are getting Wisconsin'd though.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Nope did not see it either  😎

I guess that's the miracle of watching it on TV....you can go get a beer, take a leak, grab a snack, switch over to watch another game and then be back in time for the 2nd half kickoff. 

De band? They look like they are actually having some fun in the stands when they show them. At the least, it gives us about another 100 fans in the stands...

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

What's more offensive is that they already did the Superhero halftime theme against Tulsa. Recycled material is getting off easy.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

As a former HS marching band member, I always appreciated the football team playing before and after the weekly band shows on Friday nights.  However, I can't believe that this is the best we can do.  I'm not expecting Ohio State quality, but I am thinking we should be much better.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

We've got a long way to go before we start complaining about the band.  Wasn't my cup of tea, but my son liked it.  Some will like it, some will hate it.  Just like most have said, if you aren't into the half time entertainment, go get a beer, a hotdog or take a lap around the stadium concourse.  I'm sure they got some feedback and will make adjustments.

The whole green, home side, gold, away side is cringy to me because the away side should be opposing team fans and they aren't cheering for us.    

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

I was wondering what the protocol is for booing the band, would this be viewed as inappropriate behavior or acceptable.  I have never really watched them at half but do notice them in the stands and they look like a rag tag group.  I am glad we are addressing them and wonder if hurling objects at them when they are playing poorly is something we should explore at future events. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

51 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was wondering what the protocol is for booing the band, would this be viewed as inappropriate behavior or acceptable.  I have never really watched them at half but do notice them in the stands and they look like a rag tag group.  I am glad we are addressing them and wonder if hurling objects at them when they are playing poorly is something we should explore at future events. 

Ha.  Now somebody will say it's not acceptable to boo the band, but you can boo the conductor! (and throw mustard)

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
  • Haha 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

You come off like an ill informed hater. The band sounded strong, the sets were clean enough,  and the concept was sound. What is your specific critique aside from thinking it was corny?

You are an ill informed hater with this comment. The purpose of the marching band is to provide entertainment...in this situation, this purpose is displayed most prominently at halftime of a football game which also happens to have the same purpose - entertainment. Whatever this explanation about 'clean sets' and 'sound concept' is supposed to convey, it is certainly not relevant to the entertainment value of the marching band at halftime. The entertainment provided was something I would expect a middle school remedial reading class to put together. It was abysmal and NOT entertaining. It was wildly embarrassing. I could go on and on about the band...its so bad that we as a program cannot even solve these basic issues. They don't wear their uniforms in the stands...I assume because its 'too hot' but you could, ya know, just not join the band if you can't wear the uniform. I imagine the players are too hot in their pads as well...they seem to keep them on all game though. The band is quiet, songs are terrible, and someone else mentioned the gray pants. I do need FAMU but we should strive to be better everywhere. The band was not even forgettable, it was embarrassing. It should be a source of pain for anyone associated with the band to look around and see the stands that empty...they should take that a sign that the awful performance (that evidently was recycled???) was not hitting the mark...once again, the purpose of the band is to provide entertainment. If you want some technical 'clear set' or 'sound concept' then go to some show where that kind of stuff happens...no one at the game cares about the technical merits of the marching band. We just want to be entertained. Stay tuned for part 2 on the fat cheerleaders and part 3 on the male sun doll!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ???? 1