• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It has to be said

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,914
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

You are an ill informed hater with this comment. The purpose of the marching band is to provide entertainment...in this situation, this purpose is displayed most prominently at halftime of a football game which also happens to have the same purpose - entertainment. Whatever this explanation about 'clean sets' and 'sound concept' is supposed to convey, it is certainly not relevant to the entertainment value of the marching band at halftime. The entertainment provided was something I would expect a middle school remedial reading class to put together. It was abysmal and NOT entertaining. It was wildly embarrassing. I could go on and on about the band...its so bad that we as a program cannot even solve these basic issues. They don't wear their uniforms in the stands...I assume because its 'too hot' but you could, ya know, just not join the band if you can't wear the uniform. I imagine the players are too hot in their pads as well...they seem to keep them on all game though. The band is quiet, songs are terrible, and someone else mentioned the gray pants. I do need FAMU but we should strive to be better everywhere. The band was not even forgettable, it was embarrassing. It should be a source of pain for anyone associated with the band to look around and see the stands that empty...they should take that a sign that the awful performance (that evidently was recycled???) was not hitting the mark...once again, the purpose of the band is to provide entertainment. If you want some technical 'clear set' or 'sound concept' then go to some show where that kind of stuff happens...no one at the game cares about the technical merits of the marching band. We just want to be entertained. Stay tuned for part 2 on the fat cheerleaders and part 3 on the male sun doll!

That was a first class rant, I have not seen the show nor do I plan to however from what I have heard this was a joke and happy that we are calling them out.  I cannot understand how you can have a fat cheerleader, how in the hell are the guy cheerleaders supposed to toss them in the air.  It appears there are numerous issues surrounding the program that need to get fixed, I think we need a complete overhaul from the ticket takers to the parking attendants, I am putting everyone on notice that nobody’s job is safe, we are going to fix the culture come hell or high water. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,696
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, MikeG said:

image.thumb.png.1602e07e73f7b8d75cafdd04a6eca465.png

More interesting to me is how the entire stands are cleared out in the foreground.

7 hours ago, pistonpete said:

I was thinking that this picture had to be photoshopped to not have at least a few people in the stands at this moment

The picture was taken from the top of the 3rd level ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Best is the Standard !!!

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

oh yeah-- my bad-- it just looked really weird and know it makes total sense. Didn't think people were allowed up there.

If you mean the photographer, I think they might have installed cameras up there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you mean the photographer, I think they might have installed cameras up there.

We NEED to have cameras in the new OCS :) 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

The picture was taken from the top of the 3rd level ....

Ah, that makes more sense now

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, mj796 said:

You are an ill informed hater with this comment. The purpose of the marching band is to provide entertainment...in this situation, this purpose is displayed most prominently at halftime of a football game which also happens to have the same purpose - entertainment. Whatever this explanation about 'clean sets' and 'sound concept' is supposed to convey, it is certainly not relevant to the entertainment value of the marching band at halftime. The entertainment provided was something I would expect a middle school remedial reading class to put together. It was abysmal and NOT entertaining. It was wildly embarrassing. I could go on and on about the band...its so bad that we as a program cannot even solve these basic issues. They don't wear their uniforms in the stands...I assume because its 'too hot' but you could, ya know, just not join the band if you can't wear the uniform. I imagine the players are too hot in their pads as well...they seem to keep them on all game though. The band is quiet, songs are terrible, and someone else mentioned the gray pants. I do need FAMU but we should strive to be better everywhere. The band was not even forgettable, it was embarrassing. It should be a source of pain for anyone associated with the band to look around and see the stands that empty...they should take that a sign that the awful performance (that evidently was recycled???) was not hitting the mark...once again, the purpose of the band is to provide entertainment. If you want some technical 'clear set' or 'sound concept' then go to some show where that kind of stuff happens...no one at the game cares about the technical merits of the marching band. We just want to be entertained. Stay tuned for part 2 on the fat cheerleaders and part 3 on the male sun doll!

Lighten up Francis.

The halftime show was campy because superheroes are campy, and that was the theme.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Lighten up Francis.

The halftime show was campy because superheroes are campy, and that was the theme.

No idea what 'campy' means but that was just disrespectful to every single superhero portrayed, including Rocky. You sound like a band clown coming to the defense of a piss poor unit...take a look inside and get your house in order. This is why we are stuck in the Sun Atlantic conference or whatever it is now. 

5 minutes ago, mj796 said:

No idea what 'campy' means but that was just disrespectful to every single superhero portrayed, including Rocky

If you have no idea what 'campy' means how can it be disrespectful. Campy is almost the perfect description ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you have no idea what 'campy' means how can it be disrespectful. Campy is almost the perfect description ....

As an expert in ranting , run on sentences and not using punctuation; I believe the author was saying to performance was disrespectful and not the use of the word campy.