• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It has to be said

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

If we forced ranked things about our program the only thing HOT doesn’t beat is special teams

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

51 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

For its size it’s fine. The stadium needs to have mics on order to hear them (or it needs to be turned up a notch). 

It’s a pro stadium.  Not designed for a band.  It makes a difference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,699
  • Days Won:  424

12 hours ago, NCBull said:

The band are like the best fans, and do their best despite the cavernous stadium and empathy from the home “fans”.  They deserve all the support.  Anyone one here ******** on them can just shut up and go enroll at UCF for a graduate degree in Assholery.  The HOT rules.

Have to agree and it's even more noticeable at basketball games.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Does not seem like Coach Gregory nor VP of A Kelly agree with the OPs assessment, since it was just announced that both have donated to the band

This comment, like the others, makes absolutely no sense. The band can be terrible and you can also want to support the band. For example, USF football is miserable. Yet, I still donate. Be better.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, NCBull said:

The band are like the best fans, and do their best despite the cavernous stadium and empathy from the home “fans”.  They deserve all the support.  Anyone one here ******** on them can just shut up and go enroll at UCF for a graduate degree in Assholery.  The HOT rules.

"The HOT rules." Be better. When they sit in t-shirts and mail in terrible 'performances', they deserve negative feedback. Seems like you have some sort of affinity for the band so instead of defending the indefensible, why don't you encourage them to actually be better. If we replaced yours words "band" and "HOT" with "defense", this is what you get:

"The defense are like the best fans, and do their best despite the cavernous stadium and empathy from the home “fans”.  They deserve all the support.  Anyone one here ******** on them can just shut up and go enroll at UCF for a graduate degree in Assholery.  The defense rules."

So, do we think we should tell the clearly underperforming defense that they are doing just fine given that they "like the best fans" and play in a big stadium? Or maybe you should take a break from biting your pillow and talk to your band buds to get it turned around?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

This comment, like the others, makes absolutely no sense. The band can be terrible and you can also want to support the band. For example, USF football is miserable. Yet, I still donate. Be better.

I certainly agree about football, since as a Bulls Club Member, myself, along with most of the season ticket holders on TBP, donate to athletics irrespective of how we feel about CJS

I stand by my comments about the band - anyone who makes a large enough donation to the band, such that they are recognized on the field at halftime, probably supports HOT wholeheartedly 

Given that those donations came from two of the top individuals in athletics, my guess is that the general feeling in athletics is that the HOT Marching Band is doing just fine

Of-course, CJS was not noted as a large band donor, so he may agree with your assessment 

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

It was awful. We left before halftime this week because of it. Normally, we'd at least stay and support HOT.