• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,552
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You could be right, only time will tell. I still think the B12 will eventually become the “old” AAC once three or four teams defect when new contracts come up in a few years. Again, not the best situation but measurably better than where we are now. 

UH, SMU, TCU, Boise St, CState, USF, Cincy, Memphis, UCF, AFA, Navy, Baylor, BYU, and Army.

I would watch that.

I think K State/Kansas go somewhere else together, OK State, T Tech go somewhere else, Iowa State goes somewhere else. TCU and maybe Baylor get left behind?

Edit: WVU leaves as well

Edited by Peatearpan

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

44 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

UH, SMU, TCU, Boise St, CState, USF, Cincy, Memphis, UCF, AFA, Navy, Baylor, BYU, and Army.

I would watch that.

I think K State/Kansas go somewhere else together, OK State, T Tech go somewhere else, Iowa State goes somewhere else. TCU and maybe Baylor get left behind?

Edit: WVU leaves as well

I think that is a very good analysis…minus Army. They are unlikely to join a conference. I will surprised if KU, WVU, and OSU do not find a home eventually. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

ESPN, the SEC, and Texas/Oklahoma didn't collude on this issue to allow the Big 12 to hang around and be relevant. IMO, and I believe the facts support this, this is all part of a larger plan that ESPN and their partners will be implementing in phases over the next 10 to 15 years. The ACC GoR is one of the biggest roadblocks to ESPN moving this forward more aggressively. I don't blame the teams for leaving the AAC to the Big 12, but they better turn that into something that makes them extremely desirable to one of the 2 to 4 conferences that will remain when the smoke clears. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

ESPN, the SEC, and Texas/Oklahoma didn't collude on this issue to allow the Big 12 to hang around and be relevant. IMO, and I believe the facts support this, this is all part of a larger plan that ESPN and their partners will be implementing in phases over the next 10 to 15 years. The ACC GoR is one of the biggest roadblocks to ESPN moving this forward more aggressively. I don't blame the teams for leaving the AAC to the Big 12, but they better turn that into something that makes them extremely desirable to one of the 2 to 4 conferences that will remain when the smoke clears. 

Yup, this round of re-alignment was more of a shuffling of the deck. 2036 when the ACC GOR is up is when we could see the last of the lifeboats to the highest level of college football leave. Have faith in Michael Kelly and have faith in the stadium being built this decade, really hope Jeff Scott is the guy because things could get dicey if he fails.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

there will only be two left when all is said and done IMO. ESPN doesn't want to have to pay Duke, BC, Syracuse, etc top dollar just to get Clemson, FSU inventory. same with Pac 12 and USC. the top programs know that they are subsidizing the lesser programs and they will want all the money for themselves. The Big 10 and SEC will grab up the last few remaining programs worth anything and probably get rid of the less desirable ones they currently have.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Yup, this round of re-alignment was more of a shuffling of the deck. 2036 when the ACC GOR is up is when we could see the last of the lifeboats to the highest level of college football leave. Have faith in Michael Kelly and have faith in the stadium being built this decade, really hope Jeff Scott is the guy because things could get dicey if he fails.

Agreed we should be rallying around the "progrum" at this point.  We don't have much time for anything else.

37 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

there will only be two left when all is said and done IMO. ESPN doesn't want to have to pay Duke, BC, Syracuse, etc top dollar just to get Clemson, FSU inventory. same with Pac 12 and USC. the top programs know that they are subsidizing the lesser programs and they will want all the money for themselves. The Big 10 and SEC will grab up the last few remaining programs worth anything and probably get rid of the less desirable ones they currently have.

Not sure “how” a conference gets rid of team based on tv financial criteria. The payoff alone would be astronomical if not impossible to pay.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure “how” a conference gets rid of team based on tv financial criteria. The payoff alone would be astronomical if not impossible to pay.

OK so the ones that want to break off leave the undesirables. Just like OU and Texas did. semantics I guess. The big east found a way to kick temple out though. the big 12 was formed when baylor, tech, a&m, and texas broke off from southwest conference leaving behind rice, smu, tcu and houston

Edited by Bull94

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

OK so the ones that want to break off leave the undesirables. Just like OU and Texas did. semantics I guess. The big east found a way to kick temple out though. the big 12 was formed when baylor, tech, a&m, and texas broke off from southwest conference leaving behind rice, smu, tcu and houston

Yes, a new conference would have to be created if we are looking at just the top schools from each. Buyouts could be paid off in a few years. However this has to be done within the window of the end of the TV contract due to GOR (which is why Texas and OU can’t take off just yet). 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Here we go….

God, what a terrible phuking conference.  Good luck to Ryan Samuels and the rest of the employees in football ticket sales trying to sell season tickets to that steaming pile of dog crap.