• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I still won’t be completely surprised if the Big12 stays intact in 7 years...especially if they have one team that makes the playoffs in four of those years. If they do, they won’t expand as they will increase the $ to each team. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Bowlsby is doing what UT as OU wants. He and they will be fine. Those two will not move on because no other conference will give them the deal they give themselves. When the time works for them, they will add. The Pac-12 and the Big10 got left out this season not the Big 12 so the argument that they need a championship game is flawed.  What exactly is their motivation?

I misspoke, they do have a championship game, just not the traditional two division format. However, the point is the same, there is no need to expand as long as their 1 loss or undefeated champion is getting in. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

41 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I misspoke, they do have a championship game, just not the traditional two division format. However, the point is the same, there is no need to expand as long as their 1 loss or undefeated champion is getting in. 

They'll expand if they feel like it expands the brand and increases revenue.  As of now, that probably isn't the case

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/30/2018 at 1:39 PM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

B12 refuses to admit winter is coming, they don't believe in the white walkers. Does Bowlsby think UT and OK are gonna take him along for the ride when the conference dies and they move on? Or is it just the bane of capitalism where he only cares about the next quarterly balance sheet and not anything sustainable?

The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Figured I'd toss this in here as it can go right into the rumors bin.

Had a conversation with a high level USF employee who wrote the following when I asked about any good news they'd been hearing:

"Fund raising campaign with a focus on small donations can have BOTH IPF and OCS paid for, in full, in record time. With very small individual investment. Alumni must be ready to activate. Critical for conference realignment. Shovel in ground once a certain level of fund raising occurs."

Now I'm not here to say whether this is going to happen or not and I wasn't about to argue counterpoint with a high level USF employee, but with the projected price tag of an IPF and an OCS you'd think it would cost a lot more than a bunch of small donation, especially when we are only talking what...25k die hards? Maybe more would come forward for an OCS but hey what do I know...just tossing out what I hear. 

Edited by Hem
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, Hem said:

Figured I'd toss this in here as it can go right into the rumors bin.

Had a conversation with a high level USF employee who wrote the following when I asked about any good news they'd been hearing:

"Fund raising campaign with a focus on small donations can have BOTH IPF and OCS paid for, in full, in record time. With very small individual investment. Alumni must be ready to activate. Critical for conference realignment. Shovel in ground once a certain level of fund raising occurs."

Now I'm not here to say whether this is going to happen or not and I wasn't about to argue counterpoint with a high level USF employee, but with the projected price tag of an IPF and an OCS you'd think it would cost a lot more than a bunch of small donation, especially when we are only talking what...25k die hards? Maybe more would come forward for an OCS but hey what do I know...just tossing out what I hear. 

YAY - This thread can hit 1 MILLION pages!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

To build Spectrum stadium we would need a blended average of $2,680 from each of those 25,000 fans assuming there are 25,000 that would give and we would want to build Spectrum 2.0.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

To build Spectrum stadium we would need a blended average of $2,680 from each of those 25,000 fans assuming there are 25,000 that would give and we would want to build Spectrum 2.0.

That isn't major money and they probably have a few bigger donors on board already.  Maybe even a title sponsor already in the works.  It could be done.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

49 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If and when USF gets an OCS, it will not be Spectrum 2.0