• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

If BYU joins AAC then you might as well include AAC in playoff. So I guess Aresco was right in the P6 becoming reality 

Why's that?

37 minutes ago, Dogma said:

Of course they are open to be.  They've always wanted to be in the "P5"

The only reason they are independent is because Utah went to the Pac10, but no "P5" wanted BYU.   They aren't independent just because they wanted to be independent.  BYU was too arrogant to have Utah move up and leave them behind.  

So much for the theory of "ucf/rival's success = our success"

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why's that?

Just because it hasn’t ever once in the history of anything been true in any capacity for anyone or any entity doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t true this time. Although common sense dictates that good things for them are bad for us and we aren’t actually a package deal that conferences would be looking to take together for the first time since expansion began doesn’t mean it can’t be possible (but it’s not). 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why's that?

It's a little different in USF/ucf's situation

BYU/Utah is in the Pac12 footprint

USF/ucf us not.  It would be an island school far from the rest.  So having 2 schools really helps out in scheduling/budget concerns for all schools in all sports minus football.

For football, they can sell the each team gets a trip to Florida every year for recruiting angle.

12 minutes ago, Dogma said:

USF/ucf us not.  It would be an island school far from the rest.  So having 2 schools really helps out in scheduling/budget concerns for all schools in all sports minus football.

For football, they can sell the each team gets a trip to Florida every year for recruiting angle.

Just like the Big East.... oh wait.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Dogma said:

I'm not sure it helps scheduling or budget and I don't see the "trip to Florida each year" angle for recruiting.   I think that's all wishful thinking.

Edited by chapelbull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

23 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

13 minutes ago, Dogma said:

Oveido is in the SEC/ACC footprint ... the Big 12 has shown no problem in choosing an island school ... PAC 12 out of play .... only leaves, then, the B1G as the only conference where this "twin" theory may come into play?

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Oveido is in the SEC/ACC footprint ... the Big 12 has shown no problem in choosing an island school ... PAC 12 out of play .... only leaves, then, the B1G as the only conference where this "twin" theory may come into play?

Well they do have quite a bit of bowl games between the two cities, seems quite natural that they would want to move from their midwest foot print to take a two for one deal on the two schools. The better argument against the b12 was they already passed on the idea. USF needs to do everything they can to curb stomp UCF so that if anyone wants to take a chance on one of us they will pick us ( no one is convinced they want either of us and their fans would take to the streets with pitch forks if any conference took us both at the same time). The only people that have ever bought into this better together, I-4 rivalry , package deal nonsense have been UCF when they were miles behind and needed a hand up, our administration when they duped us and 15 or so gullible members of this board. BTW I know you aren’t one of those people I just enjoy this rant.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

BTW I know you aren’t one of those people I just enjoy this rant.

And you're doing a **** fine job perfecting that rant ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

And you're doing a **** fine job perfecting that rant ...

Thanks, I fear I’ve become too niche’.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Thanks, I fear I’ve become too niche’.

Perhaps you should diversify into say...uniform design...or on campus stadiums...I hear that public’s supermarket can be quiet the niche too...so many options for you to examine. :lmao: