• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at BYU

Players of the Week  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

Fix the defense. If that means we have to get rid of Glenn Spencer, so be it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

image.thumb.png.b46ea79c5b84e67204ec6b329a465f9a.png

image.thumb.png.15f85f419ee6c17a4b9433177897d998.png

My take is that both sides of the ball had their moments. The defense started off terribly but also hung tough a bunch at various points only to look silly at other points. The offense started out pretty rough as well but seemed to grow over time. The offense helped the defense out quite a bit with ball control.  The time of possession

was 35:37 24:23

in favor of USF.

The easy thing to say for most of us is that we played better than most of us expected. I still question a lot of what the coaching staff is doing and how some decisions seem wasteful. But it beats getting beat down like we were against NC State. I can see us winning some games this year when before- I wasn't sold on that just yet.

I still think the whole Fortin thing was a total waste of time. You have to be blind not to see the difference in ability between these two QBs. Some one on here once said it best-- we tend to hire coaches who try to force their agenda on our team instead of adapting and using the tools that are already here. Hell -- even Taggart was totally guilty of this until he finally stopped trying to push his ideas so hard and finally trust Flowers to lead.

• Upvote 2

Not a single highlight or score shown on college final. They even said "the score was not really indicative of the game". You lose by 8 points and these clowns ignore even the nice plays we had--- but show anyone elses decent plays. I guess if you let a team out to a 21 point lead you suddenly are not worthy. You can bet they end up showing something of FSU's game as if that one was somehow different than ours.

man do I hate ESPN

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Just woke up and turned to pen for the score. Appears I'll skip thru the first quarter and then it will be worth watching. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

1st quarter had 2 PUNTS, 1 FUMBLE, and 2 field goals deep in the red zone that should have been touchdowns. The defense sucks, but the offense lost this game. 499963292_Screenshot_20210926-004403_SamsungInternet.jpg.772bc4eefca810320f18570bbad5c6ab.jpg

I must of watched a different game.  The game I watched, the D couldn't stop the run or the big plays.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Cornada said:

I must of watched a different game.  The game I watched, the D couldn't stop the run or the big plays.  

Just got done watching.  Unless BYU punted in the 1st quarter our D only forced one punt.  To put this on the offense is crazy talk.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Our defense got run over the first 3 drives of the game and again after our long drive to start the half.  Our defense sucks.  Period, it's not the offenses fault

Nowhere in there did I blame the offense. I simply said that the coaching staff recognize the defenses weaknesses and appeared not to try and take any shots deep in order to play possession football. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, MikeG said:

Not a single highlight or score shown on college final. They even said "the score was not really indicative of the game". You lose by 8 points and these clowns ignore even the nice plays we had--- but show anyone elses decent plays. I guess if you let a team out to a 21 point lead you suddenly are not worthy. You can bet they end up showing something of FSU's game as if that one was somehow different than ours.

man do I hate ESPN

ESPN is no friend to USF. I learned long ago that I can’t rely on positive coverage of our team if I’m hoping to get it from the mouse. It was weird how the xCCS era actually had the talking heads on our side a little early on. Of course, that changed pretty quickly though over time…

Edited by HyperBullee

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Nowhere in there did I blame the offense. I simply said that the coaching staff recognize the defenses weaknesses and appeared not to try and take any shots deep in order to play possession football. 

I’m hoping that this isn’t flying over many people’s heads:

This staff has been making consistent adjustments after bad 1st quarters the last few games.

Yes, we struggle with getting started early but Weis Jr. and Spencer have been much better this season with the adjustments…almost as if they have more options with more of the playbook installed and better personnel than they did in year one…who would’ve thunk-it. 🤔

• Upvote 1