• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

I'm tired of this stupid stadium talk. I grew up in Miami and they NEVER had an on campus Stadium and still won many National titles. Hell their current stadium is like 30-45 min drive from campus. Ive worked security at UF football games as a student and the MAJORITY of people that went to the games were NOT students. Ray Jay is waaaaaaaaaay nicer than most college stadiums Ive been to and its ONLY 10 miles away from campus. Kids can uber or catch a lyft out there. At most USF should simply have a shuttle service. This has to be the most overated "need" that USF has. I promise you when I say most people, recruits, players or fans dont care about a stadium. Plus Ray Jay is a nice stadium. We just need to WIN GAMES period.

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm tired of this stupid stadium talk. I grew up in Miami and they NEVER had an on campus Stadium and still won many National titles. Hell their current stadium is like 30-45 min drive from campus. Ive worked security at UF football games as a student and the MAJORITY of people that went to the games were NOT students. Ray Jay is waaaaaaaaaay nicer than most college stadiums Ive been too and its ONLY 10 miles away from campus. Kids can uberor catch a lyft out there. At most USF should simply have a shuttle service. This has to be the most overated "need" that USF has. I promise you when I say most people, recruits, players or fans dont care about a stadium. Plus Ray Jay is a nice stadium.

:popcorn:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, bulloni said:

official USF accounts wouldn’t be tweeting about this unless there was a plan behind the scenes to start fundraising…I’d hope

Law, Kelly, Scott, and Weatherford all spoke today. Weatherford is the most important of that group to make such a statement because his board has control on whether or not such a project can happen. This is the first I've heard of the BOT being in support of an OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Also mentioned it won’t be north of fletcher, this feels more real than normal. Announce the fundraiser saturday

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Yeah, just saw this on Instagram and was pretty surprised. Is this really a Thing? Wish? Dream? Premature? Lunacy?      I like the idea..but

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm tired of this stupid stadium talk. I grew up in Miami and they NEVER had an on campus Stadium and still won many National titles. Hell their current stadium is like 30-45 min drive from campus. Ive worked security at UF football games as a student and the MAJORITY of people that went to the games were NOT students. Ray Jay is waaaaaaaaaay nicer than most college stadiums Ive been too and its ONLY 10 miles away from campus. Kids can uberor catch a lyft out there. At most USF should simply have a shuttle service. This has to be the most overated "need" that USF has. I promise you when I say most people, recruits, players or fans dont care about a stadium. Plus Ray Jay is a nice stadium.

Most of my opinions have become too popular for my comfort so I’ll go to the devils house with you bro. No one in their right mind tries to own a stadium which is why even in the most popular sports they try to get the cities to build it for them and if they can’t do that they move. Stadiums are negative equity that carry debt service and a company that is hemorrhaging money already should not be taking on major expenditures that have no other practical use to the university. There are plenty of successes that have come at schools not playing on campus and plenty of schools with beautiful on campus stadiums that sit empty as they fail miserably. Back when we used to win it was done at RayJay and the Jim saw it as selling point. The issue isn’t that IPFs and OCS’ haven’t existed it’s that we can’t figure out to appreciate and win with what we currently have and people will always find something that if they only had they can be successful but when those things come you typically can’t do any better with them because you dont have an actual plan for success.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Man, this is cringey and desperate....and 15 years too late.

It's like they all sat in a room and discussed how they could make fans happy with the least amount of effort.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

This announcement is big. It’s a public announcement from the chair of BoT, someone very politically connected. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

19 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I am out of upvotes :(

I like Will Weatherford!

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Man, this is cringey and desperate....and 15 years too late.

It's like they all sat in a room and discussed how they could make fans happy with the least amount of effort.

I am out of downvotes, so I can't downvote you.  

• Haha 2