• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

I firmly agree with this after all these are student athletes.  Although we know that landscape is becoming oh so slippery.  We have great academics, are in a great tv market, and believe it or not Champa-Bay will buy-in.  We just need to give them something to support.  Look at the schools in the B10.  I know it seems laughable, but why not strive for that you know the ACC, B10, and Pac12 are going to be looking to add to their conference portfolio if we build the facilities and begin to win back the hearts of our fans, and community.  We will not be left out the next time realignment comes along when it absolutely will matter the most. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

This well placed logic did not work for me when I wanted Alyssa Milano to be my wife in the late 1990s

Were you already dating her and then spent the entire time talking about how lucky you were, didn’t deserve it, weren’t sure what she saw in you while downplaying every good thing you did and then for good measure got rid of the thing that was contributing to what she liked best about you? The yes that’s the exact same thing and you probably would be together still or at least been able to Segway to a comparable or better wife had you played it differently.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Were you already dating her and then spent the entire time talking about how lucky you were, didn’t deserve it, weren’t sure what she saw in you while downplaying every good thing you did and then for good measure got rid of the thing that was contributing to what she liked best about you? The yes that’s the exact same thing and you probably would be together still or at least been able to Segway to a comparable or better wife had you played it differently.

I had a major crush on that chick as well, she tuned out to be a nut job left winged looney but i would still like to bend her over. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, cmhatter said:

This was our failure all along. The quality of it almost doesn’t matter. They built it and people came. 

UCF does not have a world class stadium. But their game day environment is FUN for all. Kids, parents, donors, students. 

Quality matters if we don’t want what we build to fall apart in 15 years. It’s falling apart already and was built in 2008. We have a much better experience in a mich nicer stadium at the moment

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

The other thing that irks me is that had we built an OCS at our peak when 35K+ fans were coming out regularly, it might’ve done wonders for the North Tampa community. People don’t realize that other business infrastructure comes along (granted its mostly bars and stuff) with an OCS. Every time one of my HS students comes back from touring USF, they always talk about how **** the surrounding area is and how there is nothing to do it seems like (besides drive 25+ minutes to get to South Tampa). 
It’s just a shame everything USF athletics could’ve done when they should’ve. 

A small 35k seat stadium would have been a terible idea. We would have no seats for big games, and when we are good it’s to small for regular games. Then we spend more money to expand it 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

Quality matters if we don’t want what we build to fall apart in 15 years. It’s falling apart already and was built in 2008. We have a much better experience in a mich nicer stadium at the moment

A small 35k seat stadium would have been a terible idea. We would have no seats for big games, and when we are good it’s to small for regular games. Then we spend more money to expand it 

Who said anything about a 35K stadium?

I said when we had 35K+ fans attending games. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Kanigit comments need to be confined to the Mother of All Threads .... Zero tolerance policy is in full effect.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Living over here in Alabammy I see a diff view of sports. Were just a mile over the FL line but still we are in cotton pickin land. fast being converted to suburbia. Anyway, Alabama is by far the dominate team here with a sprinkling of Auburn. Point is, the University of South Alabama. Located in Mobile(smaller than Tampa) some similarities. That Univ started around 1969 basically a commuter school. It has been embraced by the area and grown a lot. Medical school, hospital and much more. Only 15,000 students. Football is about 12 years old D-1 Sun Belt. In 2020 they had their first game in their New OCS. They were playing at Land-Peebles city stadium. I saw a sports special last night with walk thru of their stadium it is very nice. Seats about 28,000. The major donors were the City, Major Bank and a very generous individual. Think it was about 30mil to build. Point, this area is U of AL dominate-crazy. But, that area seemed to rally around this project and got it done in about 3-4 years. They had a plan in place for what the Football program was going to look like in phases and stuck to it. They play pretty fair football got in a bowl game recently. New coach this year. 

I see a lot of similarities between USA and USF. Except, we've played longer(+13 yrs)-more success-larger student body-Tampa has Pro sports and more population.. Top down they are laser focused on their sports. It shows similar to the push UCF put on some years ago changing their program into a winner.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Correct…it is the old farts who complain that a stadium has to have certain qualities. That’s rediculous, just build something basic and get the games on campus. 

Says the guy who would not go often. 😀

Not directed at NewEngland specifically but most of us old farts have always been more concerned with fiscal responsibility (something totally lacking in today's political climate). Believe me when I tell you I have tired long ago of the TSA, the parking goons, as well as the local law enforcement after games.  I still am miffed over being forced to leave early after the 2017 Senior night game when we were still waving to some of the Seniors still on the field and shaking hands and saying goodbye.  I do not think such a thing would happen at a USF controlled stadium. Once again, how are we going to pay for it and carry as little debt as possible?  This has been the question anyway but is even more a concern now. In this age where politicians can lock down the populous it is really risky to take on debt unless you can get a lender who will put in a clause for such events beyond the university's control. 

Now, the wish list.  I think everyone sees the newer University of Minnesota stadium as the Mercedes (or in my case, a Shelby GT500) we would all love to have.  That was never reasonable.  I really enjoyed my visit to Yulman Stadium in New Orleans and think a combination of a place like that and some of the best points of our baseball stadium would be abolutely fine for this old fart. 

Edited by Mission9

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Correct…it is the old farts who complain that a stadium has to have certain qualities. That’s rediculous, just build something basic and get the games on campus. 

I think the old farts take too much blame for this. An OCS would have donor sections where most of the old farts would sit that had those amenities so I think that's a moot point. The problem would lie in the lower level season tix/donor levels where those amenities may not be and those used to the RayJay amenities may have a problem with that commitment.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, cmhatter said:

This was our failure all along. The quality of it almost doesn’t matter. They built it and people came. 

UCF does not have a world class stadium. But their game day environment is FUN for all. Kids, parents, donors, students. 

Ha! when they fill up the stadium with butts in the seats...you cant even see the stadium for the bedlam