• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opportunity Squandered

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

My interest in USF athletics will wane.  I only follow CFB.  

We can't shoulder the burden though because leadership didnt make moves, invest, or even try to shake things up throughout the 2010s.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

The hiring of Charlie Strong will be looked back upon as the moment USF football was destroyed.

"This offense is too fast, we need to slow it down" will forever haunt me in my sleep.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

8 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

The hiring of Charlie Strong will be looked back upon as the moment USF football was destroyed.

"This offense is too fast, we need to slow it down" will forever haunt me in my sleep.

That was the moment where you knew - Oh oh!  Something is wrong!  There were even boos in the room. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That was the moment where you knew - Oh oh!  Something is wrong!  There were even boos in the room. 

Harlin was only looking out for himself. He could tell Utah that “I hired CS at little USF.” Harlin did not even ask questions about the offense he wanted to run, he only hired the name. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Harlin was only looking out for himself. He could tell Utah that “I hired CS at little USF.” Harlin did not even ask questions about the offense he wanted to run, he only hired the name. 

CJS came in saying he wanted to only take kids that originally wanted USF staying away from transfers and pulling scholarships of players that opened back up their recruiting, do you honestly think he was any better vetted or was as simple as you are in the ACC welcome aboard?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CJS came in saying he wanted to only take kids that originally wanted USF staying away from transfers and pulling scholarships of players that opened back up their recruiting, do you honestly think he was any better vetted or was as simple as you are in the ACC welcome aboard?

Fair point 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Jury is out on CJS still, but not too far out.  I think CJS' issue may be who he ultimately surrounded himself with on that coaching staff.  There were questions when he hired the staff and there are still questions.  Being a first time HC, who you surround yourself if important especially when taking over a program in such a terrible spot.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think it would have ever really made a difference whether we sustained success or not. There never was and never will be a seat for this program at the big kids table, and that's true for about 90% of the schools out there.