• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opportunity Squandered

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Or UCF.  Something with a return.  

I don’t know if you were around back in the early years but there were a lot of entrepreneurs that were willing to give money. And there were several fundraisers that even Jim Leavitt led that I contributed to. So there were opportunities that we pissed away.  I’m sure that’s true at any school, but very painful for us.  I might be crosschecked by somebody at USF but I think we killed a lot of donors around 2010.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The more I think about the more I feel we need a complete reset off the field. Yes, we will be in a low income conference but if we are all honest (based on facilities, donors, alumni support, etc.) this is probably where we need to be right now. It totally sucks but let’s build this back up from scratch and see what we can do. I don’t like attending and following the teams play but it is where we are at. I really don’t know what my long term dedication will be to the program but I will continue to try. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

We’ll need guys like you for the hundred year march. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

We had a decent number 15 years ago.  Where’d they go?

if we had a decent number of filthy rich donors back then they must have been giving to the double secret account.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

if we had a decent number of filthy rich donors back then they must have been giving to the double secret account.

Brad said: “entrepreneurs that were willing to give money”

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

They got what they wanted, turned out they were wrong, they didn’t understand why it wasn’t easy to just get over the plateau, they got mad at the spoils of their plan and they left

Interesting that you brought that up as I was thinking of that today. USF is now in its 12th season since they got what they wanted (since anyone could do better and win championships here).  During that time, there have been 5 winning seasons and one of those ended with a six game losing streak.  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Tampa Bay is one of the nations leading Tech Cities and only growing bigger, the housing market is exploding.  There are tons of businesses, and new rooftops going up everyday. We just have to included and give them something to be proud of.  There is no value in crap.  If we keep doing the same thing, we will continue with the same results.  Build the OCS, the surrounding area up to make it an experience for the fans and students.  It is these experiences that truly make fans and alumi passionate about their brand and want to give back.  That mantra if you build they will come.  It just may take a little time.  We have to stop the insanity of waiting for handouts we need to re-create on our destiny and start winning football games, but the MOST IMPORTANT winning the hearts back of those from past present, and future.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, monktified said:

Build the OCS, the surrounding area up to make it an experience for the fans and students

At least announce that we can pledge money for it, offer incentives at each tier, start courting sponsorships, do something at least.  People like me who graduated when football was new are just starting to be able to help out.

I'm not interested in donating to the water polo team right now because this is the pillar that holds everything up.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Ask SMU how they feel about their OCS and the invite to the Big12 - or any other team not getting an invite.  Our lack of money and following is the biggest problem IMO.  

Houston overall is the better program to fill their Tx needs. UCF get's them FL connect and Cincy takes them into B10 country. Yep, USF is so so lacking in so many area's. You watch some of the other games on tv and the place is packed and students/fans are full tilt boogie. If this all goes down it will be interesting to see how USF Athletics responds. For some reason?? Multiple Corp/Private deep pockets in Tampa area have never come forward and gotten excited about USF football. We can recite all the poss why's but..I find it odd.