• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opportunity Squandered

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

it's been 10 years. The perps are gone from USF. I just don't get it............ especially considering with the way you've handled it and moved on in a way. I'm just thinking they weren't that committed to begin with.

It really just sucks that we always blame everybody but USF.  I'm a USF supporter.  I've held my nose to continue supporting them.  That doesn't make them perfect and if they look at it like you do, that explains why those donors were never committed to begin with.  USF mishandled that too.  Every lost fan and every lost donor is just as important if not more than every lost football game or conference opportunity.  We gotta stop acting like anyone that gets out of line wasn't worth it.  Anyone that walks away in despair, "wasn't really a fan".  This is poisonous thinking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

Brilliant.  And if you're the institution conducting the review and you lie in the review, it's a hell of a lot worse than a coach talking to a player.  It was obvious a coach has to talk to players even when under investigation.  You're smarter than that.

I know if I was in that situation and I had to talk to THAT (referring to confronting the player in question during an investigation) player I would be smart enough to have someone else there with me. I mean WHY put yourself in that position. It was just stupid on his part. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

It really just sucks that we always blame everybody but USF.  I'm a USF supporter.  I've held my nose to continue supporting them.  That doesn't make them perfect and if they look at it like you do, that explains why those donors were never committed to begin with.  USF mishandled that too.  Every lost fan and every lost donor is just as important if not more than every lost football game or conference opportunity.  We gotta stop acting like anyone that gets out of line wasn't worth it.  Anyone that walks away in despair, "wasn't really a fan".  This is poisonous thinking.

I think most people on here is blaming EVERYONE. For this to happen everyone is responsible to some degree: USF, coaches, presidents, alumni, ADs, Tampa citizens. We are responsible to a degree. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know if I was in that situation and I had to talk to THAT (referring to confronting the player in question during an investigation) player I would be smart enough to have someone else there with me. I mean WHY put yourself in that position. It was just stupid on his part. 

But you're so much smarter.  He's a football coach.  Now of course, if Dougie and Ju-Ju wanted to keep him around, they could have handled differently, instead that was a reason given.  They handled this completely wrong, or right if you were trying to fire him for cause.  I don't want to debate this with you again, go back and read threads.  Read the official report in all its glory.

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

But you're so much smarter.  He's a football coach.  Now of course, if Dougie and Ju-Ju wanted to keep him around, they could have handled differently, instead that was a reason given.  They handled this completely wrong, or right if you were trying to fire him for cause.  I don't want to debate this with you again, go back and read threads.  Read the official report in all its glory.

Sorry I can’t reward someone for ignorance. Yes, we will not debate this any longer…please. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I guess it's all about how you want to look at it. To me, USF getting into a BCS conference was huge and serious fans/donors should have saw it for it was and wanted to get on board. There weren't enough of them that got that. From the USF perspective, why would/should they have been seriously looking at an ocs when our football father called it a great recruiting tool and <enter the iconic overhead photo of the 2007 game>. RayJay was just fine at that point. Where I can go along with is that there maybe should have been a bigger push for an IPF back then. It was more of a necessity then just as it is now ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think most people on here is blaming EVERYONE. For this to happen everyone is responsible to some degree: USF, coaches, presidents, alumni, ADs, Tampa citizens. We are responsible to a degree. 

Not sure that's accurate. Most look to be mostly laying the blame on USF while your list is more accurate because there are a lot of variables to blame ......... except for the Tampa citizens. They were around when USF was relevant and whether there was much USF could do about it, when they lost that relevancy the average Tampa sports fan lost interest.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure that's accurate. Most look to be mostly laying the blame on USF while your list is more accurate because there are a lot of variables to blame ......... except for the Tampa citizens. They were around when USF was relevant and whether there was much USF could do about it, when they lost that relevancy the average Tampa sports fan lost interest.

Well I have seen alumni, coaches, corporations, and USF. But yes, it is more USF. 

When you blame everyone, you blame no one.  No accountability.  Expect us to continue in the same direction.

Just now, Brad said:

When you blame everyone, you blame no one.  No accountability.  Expect us to continue in the same direction.

Not even sure if USF sees that they have a problem…would be nice to hear from Mr. Kelly.