• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opportunity Squandered

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Exactly, The first year in RJS was bad- it was NEVER the answer and that has NOTHING to do with the Rustbucket -

It was good enough to get us the original invite to a power conference and good enough to host our 'golden years". We don't NEED an OCS to get where we want to eventually go ........ but it would be nice to have one.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Respectfully disagree. 

it’s not urgent.  But it would be such a better plan.  

Sounds line USF agrees, they made visual representations of a USF stadium. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Brad said:

Respectfully disagree. 

it’s not urgent.  But it would be such a better plan.  

Sounds line USF agrees, they made visual representations of a USF stadium. 

And that's really all I'm saying. To me need = urgent and just don't think it's a need ..... definitely a want but needs come first.

But we can't not work towards that need for 50 years.  Putting it in a list and drawing great pictures of it doesn't get us there.

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

But we can't not work towards that need for 50 years.  Putting it in a list and drawing great pictures of it doesn't get us there.

That's where we still disagree. I think this latest expansion, assuming it's all accurate, seems to be more on the field oriented. I don't think it's a coincidence that the AAC has been existence for 8 years and 7 conf championships are represented in the B12 choices. Get football on the right track and let's see what happens. Meanwhile if some heavy heavy hitter donors start thinking it's time for an ocs and start doing something about it, we can start to roll with that.

You're a Bucs fan.  I am not.  I wanted to barf in RJS every Bulls home game I attended.  It's not home.  That is obvious.  Is it cool once or twice to be in someone's else's NFL stadium?  Sure, I guess.  But that's about it. 

Our need is certainly not urgent as it was for the UCFers.  They were pushed into action.  We can remain actionless for a long time, unfortunately.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

You're a Bucs fan.  I am not.  I wanted to barf in RJS every Bulls home game I attended.  It's not home.  That is obvious.  Is it cool once or twice to be in someone's else's NFL stadium?  Sure, I guess.  But that's about it. 

Our need is certainly not urgent as it was for the UCFers.  They were pushed into action.  We can remain actionless for a long time, unfortunately.

Very true.  The RJS experience  is fake college football.  

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Very true.  The RJS experience  is fake college football.  

I totally get that sentiment but again, to me, it's all relative and what you want to make of it. I'm more actual game oriented when it comes to college football ........ but I fully understand that when that part is blowing chunks the ancillary things come more into play for more than a few.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/3/2021 at 12:58 PM, ZeroBullChip said:

It failed the moment we allowed politics to cancel Jim Leavitt.  Period.  We may have been mediocre for ever with him, but we won big games and it was exciting.

Politics? He was gone as he put his hands on a player like that. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

The NFL stadium may have been a great recruiting tool for the original players. Kids that were not on the radar of bigger programs and were getting a shot a playing for a brand new team and being part of something new.

People that bought into the BS that Ray Jay has been a recruiting tool since about 2000 are really naive, gullible or just not very perceptive.

It has been clear to me since the beginning that we needed an OCS. 

I am honestly pleasantly surprised that it FINALLY seems unanimous on TBP at this point. I’ve argued with many on this board about this for years.

Better late than never I suppose…

Not unanimous. Some of us with a rational point of view will gladly jump on board once a reasonable plan to pay for such a big purchase is in place. There needs to be a large down payment. Taking on big debt in a virus obsessed world is not a bright idea. Would love to get away from the TSA and all that goes with it but what will be the price? A new stadium might bring out the tire kickers but if the team stinks and playing a drab schedule, we will have a lot of empty seats we will be paying on.