• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opportunity Squandered

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

Was merely pointing out the fact that I felt that a winning team against a very good opponent was more important. 

Actually, I am more partial to the  2006 game because that was a big upset which I did not see coming.  I thought the guys could disrupt what was a great offense but was still shocked they won.  2007 I expected USF to win. 

Winning against better opponents would be great. I hope we can get back to that point again. But at this point I don’t care who it is…I just want us to win regularly again.

The reference to the 2007 WVU game was more about the argument that some still make that Ray Jay is good home stadium for the Bulls. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

The article linked in this tweet is a pay article which I didn't read. But the tweet may be an indicator that moving up in conference doesn't always means you are going to start making money hand over fist.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

I strongly believe that without an OCS we should just fold the program up. We can’t keep taking about WVU in 2007. It’s pathetic.

I’m not saying that you said it…but that game seems to be the lifeline that anti-OCS people like to cling to.

it's not just that game, it's what it represents. Getting invited to a top conference and having relative success in that conference was done without an OCS so why, at that point in time. would USF think they NEEDED to spend money on one. There were other more dire Athletic needs that came first and CJL back then was more concerned with getting an athletics dining hall. They weren't averse to having an ocs but,. at that point in time, it was up to a donor(s) to step up and initiate it.

Once we were relegated to the minor leagues and, just to represent other opinions, fired CJL, you weren't getting money for an ocs out of donor base that had already shown it was like getting blood out of a rock even when CJL WAS here and were at the highest level of college football. The coaching hires that didn't work out are 100 times more responsible for being left out this time than where we play.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Another opinion. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Another opinion. 

And everything on here is opinion when it comes to talking about that .... it's just that some, like that one, are more on point than others.

• Haha 1