• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Williams knee didnt look good on the play he got hurt. Wouldn't doubt if he is out for some time, maybe the season

Someone said he walked into stadium no help or crutches...hope it's not as bad as it looked.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Someone said he walked into stadium no help or crutches...hope it's not as bad as it looked.  

I think they were referring to Christian Williams the DB.  Latrell Williams injury did not look good at all.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think they were referring to Christian Williams the DB.  Latrell Williams injury did not look good at all.  

Maybe...I guess we find out possibly today how we did with injuries. Seemed alot for both sides...I hate seeing that.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Marsh only had 3 attempts. not sure that makes much of a difference.McClain gets hurt there and everybody complains that he shouldn't have been in.

More important for Mcclain to get first team reps in practice.

Marsh played. a quarter plus last week.  He only had 3 pass attempts because of all the 3 and outs.

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I'm pretty sure they figured it out. Looks like McClain is the guy. True freshman that they didn't throw to the wolves against two P4 programs..... what were they thinking

I responded to someone who made it sound like the hadn't per an inside source and FAMU isn't a wolf of any kind so that doesn't explain him being lifted to get Marsh reps

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Marsh played. a quarter plus last week.  He only had 3 pass attempts because of all the 3 and outs.

he came in when we went up 31-10 with a minute left in third quarter

he only had 3 pass attempts because we ran it 12 times after he came in

I guess you wanted to risk injury for him to get more reps in handing the ball off??

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I responded to someone who made it sound like the hadn't per an inside source and FAMU isn't a wolf of any kind so that doesn't explain him being lifted to get Marsh reps

my inside source(the newspaper-I know nobody actually trusts newspapers anymore) said he got first team reps all week. seems like that was the first time all year and maybe that was their plan all along. Give him his first start against an easier opponent.

Marsh handed the ball off 12 times when we went up by 3 TDs at the end of 3rd quarter. You really think they should have had McClain in there slinging the ball risking injury?

“We gave Timmy the first-team snaps all week long,” Scott said. “He did a good job this week. He made some really nice plays but then there were times he looked like a freshman (a lost fumble on the opening drive). … The exciting part about him is that he has a lot of room to grow. His upside looks tremendous.”

CIUZ7YHS3ZAW7CPD7D742IMW2U.JPG

After starting the season against two Power Five programs, the Bulls right the ship a bit by beating Florida A&M.

43 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he came in when we went up 31-10 with a minute left in third quarter

he only had 3 pass attempts because we ran it 12 times after he came in

I guess you wanted to risk injury for him to get more reps in handing the ball off??

What is he the tin man?  he's going to break an ankle handing off the ball?  Geez.  But what I really want us to do is to keep running the offense only up 31-10 in the 3rd quarter not run the clock out with our back up qb.   The freshman QB and his wr's need all the reps they can especially if we are using the left handed throwing as an excuse for dropped passes.  It would be different if we looked like a well oiled machine against our FCS opponent, but we didn't ... not even close

41 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

my inside source(the newspaper-I know nobody actually trusts newspapers anymore) said he got first team reps all week. seems like that was the first time all year and maybe that was their plan all along. Give him his first start against an easier opponent.

Marsh handed the ball off 12 times when we went up by 3 TDs at the end of 3rd quarter. You really think they should have had McClain in there slinging the ball risking injury?

“We gave Timmy the first-team snaps all week long,” Scott said. “He did a good job this week. He made some really nice plays but then there were times he looked like a freshman (a lost fumble on the opening drive). … The exciting part about him is that he has a lot of room to grow. His upside looks tremendous.”

CIUZ7YHS3ZAW7CPD7D742IMW2U.JPG

After starting the season against two Power Five programs, the Bulls right the ship a bit by beating Florida A&M.

Great, tell this to Cousin Ricky and BJ Daniels since their conversations is what I was referring to in my comment.  Try to keep up

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

What is he the tin man?  he's going to break an ankle handing off the ball?  Geez.  But what I really want us to do is to keep running the offense only up 31-10 in the 3rd quarter not run the clock out with our back up qb.   The freshman QB and his wr's need all the reps they can especially if we are using the left handed throwing as an excuse for dropped passes.  It would be different if we looked like a well oiled machine against our FCS opponent, but we didn't ... not even close

Great, tell this to Cousin Ricky and BJ Daniels since their conversations is what I was referring to in my comment.  Try to keep up

did you watch the game.? he was hobbled more than once. we were up 31-10 with 1 minute left in third quarter

remember when we lost Grothe in a meaningless game against charleston southern?

Not sure what Ricky's comment has to do with your issues. Like I said they split reps in practice with Fortin likely getting the starts against two P4 programs. Clearly he sees the upside a true freshman has and wanted to give him his first start against a 1-aa team.

Edited by Bull94

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

did you watch the game.? he was hobbled more than once. we were up 31-10 with 1 minute left in third quarter

remember when we lost Grothe in a meaningless game against charleston southern?

Then he's really going to be hobbling after we play BYU and our conference games.  Maybe we should just let Marsh hand the ball off the rest of the season ......