• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The game next week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,343
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

Did anyone really expect us to win this game? I'm pretty sure most of us are expecting 1-3 through the first four games.

That 1 is not even a given at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

The definition of hell:  Getting boat raced by the Gators in 1 p.m. September game while attending with a friend who is a rabid Florida alum.

serenity GIF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

The definition of hell:  Getting boat raced by the Gators in 1 p.m. September game while attending with a friend who is a rabid Florida alum.

serenity GIF

My wife told me last night that she wants to go back to being a Gator fan next weekend, I didn’t even hit number three on my phone to call the divorce lawyer 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

I'm still in for next week but here's the plan (which hasn't changed from months ago)...

Arrive at the west club the minute the doors open (11:30?) run up the escalator and grab a table with the best view of one of the big screens.  Hold on to said table for the next 4 hours and spend ungodly amounts of money on overpriced drinks and food in air conditioning.  From my comfortable high top, I will ignore all of the overheated refugees packed in the club with most laying on the carpeting. At 3:30 make decision to head home (85%), stay at said table for the rest of the game (14%) or head outside to my seats if there is a miracle happening on the turf (1%). 

Done.  I love to have a plan.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

On 9/2/2021 at 7:17 PM, puc86 said:

This every excuse as to why we couldn’t look competitive is out the window and we don’t look even a smidge better that we did. The problem isn’t time the problem is the current people and their current plan and if you gabe them 10 years and 100x more practices than everyone they would be in the exact same place because outside circumstances are never why you fail in every facet in life, it’s you.

he needs another 2 years

it is unrealistic to think he can turn us around in one  year

last year doesnt count

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, smazza said:

he needs another 2 years

last year doesnt count

Every moment counts in life and only people that are failing want to discount the time they have been successful. As stated the issue wasn’t that he hasn’t fixed every woe and won a championship it’s that he hasn’t fixed a single thing and won a single FBS game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

We need to develop a short memory.  I know we aren't wanting to accept moral victories, but we need to see progress and the ability of this coaching staff to make adjustments.  Points are going to be scarce and there is a real possibility we may be shut out again.  Be prepared for that reality and we need to be ready for it, but more important the players need to be ready to make a statement even if we lose by 50.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, monktified said:

We need to develop a short memory.  I know we aren't wanting to accept moral victories, but we need to see progress and the ability of this coaching staff to make adjustments.  Points are going to be scarce and there is a real possibility we may be shut out again.  Be prepared for that reality and we need to be ready for it, but more important the players need to be ready to make a statement even if we lose by 50.

Next week will be a prime example of that. I really hate this schedule 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Next week will be a prime example of that. I really hate this schedule 

Just think of it as our payday game. Make as much money off of them as possible and the real season starts next week. He have become the cupcake game for P5 teams. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, smazza said:

he needs another 2 years

last year doesnt count

And then what.  Hope to be competitive in the AAC and beat out Charlotte, Georgia State, and UAB for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl?  Because that is realistically what USF shooting for now.